Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Brembo RCS 19 MC question

12K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  thatyamahaguy 
#1 · (Edited)
The image below indicates that in order to adjust the breaking pressure from 19x20 to 19x18 is by simply rotating the adjuster screw by 180 degrees. Now lets say if I messed around with the adjuster screw but instead of going back and forth 180 degrees, I accidentally rotated it 360 degrees clockwise (I don't remember exactly how many times I did that). Would that unscrew something within the piston and cause my MC to fail? Please share your thoughts. Thank you

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
the stock setup on my FZ09 has a adjustable setting on the front brake lever, I guess it suppose to make the front brake lever feel tighter, but on mine, when I adjust it, it gets looser.

I only leave it on one setting, the setting that feels like it has the less travel of the front brake lever.

IMO, it doesnt really do anything.

#9 ·
I would try unscrewing it a few turns to see if the screw gets elevated in the hole. I would imagine that it has an eccentric on it that alternates between the two settings, in which case you can turn it as often as you like and it won't harm the MC.

of course there's the distinct possibility that I don't know what the hell i'm talking about, so take that into consideration.

#11 · (Edited)
The adjustment doesn't change anything with the piston or pushrod (exception of the pushrod angle). All you're doing is rotating a leverage slot on the lever that the pushrod sits in, you should be able to spin it for days...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.