Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've just got back from the dealership for a first look at my Race Blu MT-07 (completely forgot to take a picture). It won't be ready until Thursday or Friday because they're waiting on the restrictor kit to come in.

I was wondering what you guys are doing (or not doing) during the break-in period. I am aware that very few people on here own MT-07's however I've never bought a brand new bike before and wondering if there's anything in particular I should or shouldn't do and for how many miles?

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
There are about 200 posts about break-in in this forum. Everyone has a different opinion on the subject. Way to go, and good luck with your new ride.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi guys,

I've just got back from the dealership for a first look at my Race Blu MT-07 (completely forgot to take a picture). It won't be ready until Thursday or Friday because they're waiting on the restrictor kit to come in.

I was wondering what you guys are doing (or not doing) during the break-in period. I am aware that very few people on here own MT-07's however I've never bought a brand new bike before and wondering if there's anything in particular I should or shouldn't do and for how many miles?

Cheers!
Picked mine up last Tues. And asked the dealership the very same question. They basically said there was no run in period.
I'm going to stay within the speed limits until the 600 mile service and when there's new oil in her, just ride as normal.

Oh, and of course, take it very easy for the 1st few miles due to the new tyres ( I replaced a tyre many moons ago, end of summer riding. Got on it months later
for start of season, and forgot about rear tyre. It was like rear wheel on ice as I pulled out of the drive!) "tyre still has releasing agent from coming out of mould"

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Picked mine up last Tues. And asked the dealership the very same question. They basically said there was no run in period.
I'm going to stay within the speed limits until the 600 mile service and when there's new oil in her, just ride as normal.

Oh, and of course, take it very easy for the 1st few miles due to the new tyres ( I replaced a tyre many moons ago, end of summer riding. Got on it months later
for start of season, and forgot about rear tyre. It was like rear wheel on ice as I pulled out of the drive!) "tyre still has releasing agent from coming out of mould"
Eh...some would say that the 1st few miles (20?) are when you should especially NOT be taking it easy...like Doug said, this topic has been beat to death already

1 - 5 of 5 Posts