Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this fabled bike three days ago and its been raining with dropping temperatures ever since. So I couldn’t take it anymore and decided Im going to ride today damnit! 45 degrees drizzling rain on the new slick tires. Its fun regardless, slipping the rear tire on those tight intersections bracing oneself for torque gods. So far low temp break in shifting seems choppy and why do I hear a buzzing sort of noise while braking on the front? Time will tell I suppose.

5-15-14-45degrees-rain.jpg

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm not far from you over in OH and I feel your pain... we've had rain all week and the temps have dropped. I have had the bike just over a week and have 305'ish miles so far but I've been itching to put on more so I can get through the break in period. I don't care for riding in the rain though so I've just visited the bike in the garage since that's about all I've been able to do lately lol. Be careful with those slick tires in the wet... enjoy your FZ, she looks good!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys dont think its part of the ABS?

Hey Fizz do you care if we meet up next week for your CCT kit?

·
Registered
248 Posts
You guys dont think its part of the ABS?

Hey Fizz do you care if we meet up next week for your CCT kit?
The buzzing brakes is perfectly normal, caused by the drilled rotors. Don't worry too much about it...as long as you're not feeling a vibration. If I understand your question correctly, unless you have a euro bike you don't have ABS.

Edit: 205'd as they say.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right on fellas!

Sounds like a plan Fizzer!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wednesday or Thursday might be a good evenings say around 530ish?
Let me know what kind of beer you like if your into that sort of thing. ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
^^^^^ Ya know, this is the kind of stuff that happens on a "good"/"great" motorcycle forum. I really think this is one of the best motorcycle forums out there on the interwebs.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If its all about comradery and bikes, IM all about it. ;)

Reactions: Fizzerpilot
1 - 15 of 15 Posts