Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I burned off my rear tire last and noticed my bike handling a little funny afterwards. I got home and my tire pressure was down at like 20psi. I filled it back up to 42 and left it overnight, the tire pressure held so I'm wondering if I could have broke the tire loose from the rim for a bit and vented a lot of air. If anyone has thoughts I'd appreciate them, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
If the tire pressure was at 42 psi to start with, I could very easily see it getting so hot that some of the air escaped. That's waaaay to much pressure in the tire for normal riding..........but we've been through that discussion on this forums more times than I care to remember.

Reactions: DNFDOUG

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
He educated you. 42 is way too high and did exactly what he said. If you did the burnout to have fun prior to replacing the tire, what does it matter anyway. I prefer to burn up my tires in the turns with an air pressure that allows my tire the best grip and largest footprint.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
@triple, I'm not looking to start that argument :p just an education. Thanks!
I know you aren't and I don't want to go there either. :) I just feel that it would be somewhat irresponsible of me to not at least mention it....so I did. We all make choices, based on what we know/believe to be true and so on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts