Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I'm starting to get a few things done to my bike so I figured I would keep track of them here. Hopefully I can just update this original post with future upgrades and changes. So here it is...

6/6/14
Removed front reflectors
Homemade fender eliminator
Horn relocation
Barracuda "Freccia" LED signals Monster Parts: Barracuda Freccia e-marked LED Turn Indicators
CycleGear LED signal relay
Removed passenger pegs
Rizoma rear master cylinder, homemade bracket Monster Parts: Rizoma Fluid Reservoir- Small

In the trailer, ready to come home. Every part of the setup was messed up and the front wheel was scratched, if I hadn't driven 5 hours to get this bike and it wasn't the last one in a 10 hour radius I would have walked away.

Redoing the setup

Rear reservoir

Again

Homemade fender eliminator, someone else on here had done it this way so I followed their lead. Cost = $0.00

Horn relocation

As she sits today

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Yep, you can update the post in the future. Maybe in another post of this thread some close up photos from different angles of your homemade fender eliminator and how you did it? Or did you do the same thing as what someone else has already posted?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, you can update the post in the future. Maybe in another post of this thread some close up photos from different angles of your homemade fender eliminator and how you did it? Or did you do the same thing as what someone else has already posted?
I believe I had seen it done on here or the other forum, but it was a cut and weld job. I updated the original post with pictures. I basically shortened the main bracket, and sectioned and flipped the plate/reflector mount to use as a mount for the signals. I can post more or better pictures if you like.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Cool, I've seen photos of owners doing that, don't need to see it again. I'd like to make my own out of sheet aluminum, but right now I'm sick of working with that because of my front end project. I guess I'll either live with the stock for awhile or buy a tail tiddy, maybe make one in the winter.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think Competition Werkes is going to offer one from sheet aluminum, if you don't feel like making one.

·
Registered
555 Posts
is the horn any more or less loud since putting it behind the scoop?
I didnt notice much of a difference except it throws the sound out to the side instead of in front. Considering it was already super loud to start with.............

For the amount of times I actually use the horn anyway, looks much better with it not being front and centre. It aint a pretty part.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It sounds about the same, but it isn't quite as loud for sure. I was thinking about moving it somewhere else.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Nice bike...

This is also why dealerships do not work on my bikes. It is no longer a skilled trade, though they charge you as if it is.

·
Registered
438 Posts
It sounds about the same, but it isn't quite as loud for sure. I was thinking about moving it somewhere else.
I was afraid of that. I dont use it much either but would like a cager to hear it if they're drifting into my lane. I like the placement so I wonder if a hella horn would fit in there.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was afraid of that. I dont use it much either but would like a cager to hear it if they're drifting into my lane. I like the placement so I wonder if a hella horn would fit in there.
That may be my next step, something with more authority.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts