Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contact EBC this morning for some information on brake pads. I used those on my FZ6R and they were great... getting a set for the FZ09.

Hi Martin,
We do have to 2014 information available for your bike:
Front Pads: FA252HH
Rear pads: FA174HH
Kind Regards,

Robert Keller
General Manager

EBC Brakes USA Inc
6180 S. Pearl St.
Las Vegas, NV 89120

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Contact EBC this morning for some information on brake pads. I used those on my FZ6R and they were great... getting a set for the FZ09.

Hi Martin,
We do have to 2014 information available for your bike:
Front Pads: FA252HH
Rear pads: FA174HH
Kind Regards,

Robert Keller
General Manager

EBC Brakes USA Inc
6180 S. Pearl St.
Las Vegas, NV 89120
I run their HH pads on my CBR and love them. Good news.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The brake lines were a great improvement but I don't feel like it brake more... just a much better feel. I placed an order at solomotoparts.com Usually they have good price and great service... I buy all my goodies over there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
734 Posts
i use ebc hh pads on my wing 1800 . see there was that time that deer tripped on my front tire . i need to stop

·
Registered
734 Posts
had them on the rear of my fz6r . it could be a bit much , so i used one ebc and one stocker . that worked well

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Another great pad is the Vesrah RJLs, although I don't know if they are available for the FZ09 yet.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
the 09 uses the same pad shapes as late model r6's, in case anybody has a preference for other brands of brake pads.

i find the rear brake has a little too much initial bite for my taste; will probably switch to non-sintered pads.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
I agree, the Vesrah pads are a bit on the pricey side, but they are excellent pads. I've got them on my track bike with well over 50 track days on them and they are probably about at a half gone point....and I brake very hard and trail brake to the apex many times with that bike.......so they get a workout for sure.

Reactions: ktk_ace
1 - 14 of 14 Posts