Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Very nice. I have never really been a fan of SS lines on the rear brake, as I think that it could cause the wheel to lock much easier, but definitely makes it looks cleaner.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we talked about 2 lines on the front and they thought 1 would be better unless you were on the track a lot, but they can do a 2 line, as far as the rear I thought it already was too easy to lock with the stock lines !

·
Registered
552 Posts
I like two lines up front only because over the fender kills the clean line of the fender. just my 2 cents.

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
So YOU were their trial bike! I was just discussing your project bike with Brian at Spiegler today. Yes, we're a Spiegler dealer and those lines are ready to ship now.

We have part numbers for front (two lines from master cylinder or stock replacement) and a rear line. Personally, I like the stock look because it utilizes the stock mounting clips without leaving unused spaces or holes. But to each their own...I could see the whole 'clean lines' point of view.

I'm expecting to set up a pre-order/group buy on these lines...if the masses are interested. I expect to post a thread in our sub-forum this weekend with details.

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Thanks Bill and Stoltec. What are the advantages/cons of the stock pattern verses 2 lines from the master? For bleeding etc. Lol, no hurry, I don't even have an 09 yet, save your reply for your sub forum if you want.

For a group buy do we all get to pick colors etc? I'm thinking black lines with gold fittings.
The only reasons to pick one style over the other is personal preference (styling).

Yes, custom color combos will be part of the deal. The gold will look good against the forks. Been thinking the same thing for our project bike.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I did not imagine two from the master but 1 from the master and a y under the triple tree somewhere and two lines down from there. another line up around the bars seems more clutter. so I would probably pick stock configuration now but won't know for sure till my bike arrives. I like the one on the rear. Thinking red might be ok with the Rabid Red. (if it is a torque monster, Rabid is more fitting)

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I just ordered my front lines from Robert @ Spiegler, great guy. Vintage black lines with Gold fittings. I figured that I needed something to take my eyes off of the gold forks.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Can't wait to see them on the bike. That the color combination I would like. Did you look at the sliders from R&G Racing? If so, what did you think?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Can't wait to see them on the bike. That the color combination I would like. Did you look at the sliders from R&G Racing? If so, what did you think?
I ordered the front mount frame sliders from R&G racing. Pictures when the bike and parts get in. The only thing I don't like is that they stamp their logo on everything. I am hoping that I can remove the logos.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts