Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i hit the rear brake and let off, my brake light is delayed, i think the switch is not bouncing back. do any of you know how to fix? (as in when i let off the brake the light stays on for about 1 second before it turns off

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
It sounds like you just need to adjust your rear brake light switch a little bit.

brakeswitch.JPG

Reactions: jth_fz09

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Probably need to adjust the brake light switch.

Just a thought, but maybe you should not "hit" the brakes at all. That is not even a good way to think of applying the brakes and when you say it, that is saying it is OK at some level in the conscious or subconscious and it isn't a safe act so, even saying it as not a good thing. Just my opinion but it is based o teaching many new and experienced riders practically every weekend and eliminating such phrases from their vocabulary seems to make a difference in how they think about brakes and how they apply them.

Reactions: jth_fz09

·
Banned
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe i should attend your class, i wouldnt have locked up and bumped a curb lol

thanks rocky i got it fixed all is well now

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I think about throwing out the trash and always overshoot the can by 20 feet. I need to start thinking about 'gently placing the trash in the appropriate receptacle. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
maybe i should attend your class, i wouldnt have locked up and bumped a curb lol

thanks rocky i got it fixed all is well now
Glad to know it fixed the problem.

My rear brake light was not coming on until you rear pressed hard on the rear brake. When I went to adjust it, I adjusted it a little to far and the light stayed on a couple seconds after releasing the rear brake. So I loosened it off just a little and it stopped still sticking. I like the rear brake light to come on before the brakes engage to warn sleepy cagers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts