Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am looking for installing 320mm discs in front.
First option was brembo t-drive 320mm but as i read they are noisy for street ride.
Second option is yamaha r1 2019 model disks.( 2CR-2581T-00 ).
I also see a part ( 2CR-2539F-00 ) that R1 uses as plate. If anyone has installed them know if i need this plate too?
Spacers 11mm and 80mm bolts are on the way.
thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that i asked if the plates needs to install with the discs or not.

·
Registered
16 fz09
321 Posts
I was looking at this mod as well but after upgrading to the r1 master, track day pads, and core lines im completely happy with it. Bigger rotors just increase the rotating mass.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I was looking at this mod as well but after upgrading to the r1 master, track day pads, and core lines im completely happy with it. Bigger rotors just increase the rotating mass.
Not always. I had these custom made for a streetfighter a while ago. 23 layers of carbon for the carriers.
Yeah, it was overkill, but i figured light weight wheels needed lightweight rotors.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keef is that safe cause i never saw carbon carriers.?I have brembo rcs19,carbon fiber hoses,m4.32 calipers and now its time for discs..

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
They are one offs, custom made by extreme creations. Lasted a few years on my fighter, and they are now on a mates bike.
He's not doing carbon any more, though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Keef is that safe cause i never saw carbon carriers.?I have brembo rcs19,carbon fiber hoses,m4.32 calipers and now its time for discs..
Hello Mate!
I will apply the same upgrade (RCS19CS + Galfer 320mm + m4.32 108MM) for my Tracer 2015 as well and just wondering which type of spacers and bolt you used for yours? If you can let me know mm lenght sizes for spacers and bolts I will be really happy. Because there are lots of different answers in the forum like 10-11-12mm spacers or 75-80-885 even 88mm bolts...?!?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Hello Mate!
I will apply the same upgrade (RCS19CS + Galfer 320mm + m4.32 108MM) for my Tracer 2015 as well and just wondering which type of spacers and bolt you used for yours? If you can let me know mm lenght sizes for spacers and bolts I will be really happy. Because there are lots of different answers in the forum like 10-11-12mm spacers or 75-80-885 even 88mm bolts...?!?
Thanks!
For the stock calipers, I used 10mm spacers. 11mm is the perfect size, but 10mm is easier to get here.
M10 x 1.25 x 80mm caliper bolts as flokat said.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For the stock calipers, I used 10mm spacers. 11mm is the perfect size, but 10mm is easier to get here.
M10 x 1.25 x 80mm caliper bolts as flokat said.
thanks Keef! I m still in front of the monitor and surfing around for some bolts,seems like I will go for 12 mm spacer (in case I will re-work them to decrease the diameter) also some titanium bolts - 80mm as you & Flokat said :) by the way sorry for my typo mistake as my calipers will be M4.34 108MM. I hope they will arrive next week and party can start! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I will let you know about the set-up and the results of spacer diameters for this combination.But thanks all for your replies ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
About 320 mm discs swap , with the oem calipers the best spacer size will be 12 or 12,5 mm ( for use the biggest brake area) 10 or 11 mm are way too short , suggest 85 mm bolts
with brembo calipers m4.34 or 32/30 or gp lines 11 or 12 mm spacers are way too short 18-19 mm will be the right measure .
Different if you are using m4.32 as they are build on suzuki specs and there are 7 mm difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts