Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, with the bike still approx. a month away from being at the dealers, I'm getting anxious and since there aren't any official accessories for the bike yet, I bought something that I know will fit.........and look good too, as well as being very functional.......................

Ta Da..........

·
Registered
77 Posts
Tripple: Preemptive Strike….Good Move!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, definitely frame sliders, but I'll have wait until someone actually makes a specific set for the FZ 09. Setting the suspension will also be one of the first things I do after I ride it home from the dealership. Hopefully the shock spring and the springs in the forks will be stiff enough to get the correct sag settings for me. I'm about 195 lbs plus about 15 lbs worth of gear.

·
Registered
300 Posts
So, with the bike still approx. a month away from being at the dealers, I'm getting anxious and since there aren't any official accessories for the bike yet, I bought something that I know will fit.........and look good too, as well as being very functional.......................

Ta Da..........
That's takin' the old Bull by the Horns.... way to go.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm hoping they will be here by this Saturday...........you know, so I can go ahead and install them on the new FZ..........at least in MY mind! They are Woodcraft brand by the way. Good quality stuff in the motorcycle world.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, they were a day early........that's always a good thing. Now, if I only had a FZ to install them on....

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
What exactly are spools for? Thanks.
Pit Bull Motorcycle Stands & Accessories: SS Rear Stand, Standard/Spooled Tops

A little hard to see in that top photo, the spools are black with a silver center, bolted to the swing arm and in the gold Y of the stand. I like Pit Bull stands, sturdy and reliable. If you get a stand that is too cheap it might not be very stable. A stand that uses spools is way more stable than a stand that just lifts from the bottom of the swing arm. Watching your bike crash when you aren't on it sucks almost as bad when you are on it.

A rear stand is great for chain maintenance, changing the tire, general work on the bike, cleaning etc.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On this picture, you can see a silver spool on the bottom of the swingarm. Look for a piece of blue tape on the rear stand.....right above that.

Reactions: DNFDOUG

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Bob.......I got the Woodcraft brand and they are 6mm. I noticed the other day though, the Yamaha website for the FZ 09, under the accessories, has some Red Yamaha swingarm spools with the tuning fork logo on the end of it.

Yamaha FZ-09 Accessories, Yamaha FZ-09 Swing Arm Spools

1 - 20 of 34 Posts