Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Congratulations. I'm sure most here look forward to hearing more about it as you clock some miles.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I test rode the SR400 a few months ago and really enjoyed that model. Retro styled motorcycles with modern electronics and fuel injection are among my favorites and, if I didn't already have a Suzuki TU250X in the garage, would consider the SR400 more closely. However, the TU250X will be the first street bike for two more of my daughters, so it has an extended welcome in the garage. But I won't rule out an SR400 making its way into the garage as well at some point.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Sweet bike!
Like the retros.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Mode of transport

·
Registered
263 Posts
I looked at them online (haven't seen one in person) but judging on the specs size wise I think at 6'3 250lbs I would dwarf that bike. I like the look and the kick start though.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
LOOK WHAT MADE THE COVER OF THE NOVEMBER MOTORCYCLIST MAGAZINE:

Yup. It's the new Yamaha: (sorry it's not straight)

Insect Fictional character

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'll take one if it has a carb... (yeah, I'm old school to a point... I'll keep the electronic ignition) Love the old air cooled bikes! :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Just something about it being all mechanical in nature... simple to fix and maintain. I can limp home on a bad carb (maybe a cut formed in the diaphragm, electrical tape to the rescue!), but when the fuel pump or injector frigs up, you're calling for a tow... :(

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just something about it being all mechanical in nature... simple to fix and maintain. I can limp home on a bad carb (maybe a cut formed in the diaphragm, electrical tape to the rescue!), but when the fuel pump or injector frigs up, you're calling for a tow... :(
Exactly! I've always loved an older bike with a carb because you can actually work on them! I will get one soon, until then the FZ-09 has proved to be very reliable as 99 percent of Yamaha's naturally are. New bikes are awesome with all the technology and safety, but just don't have the soul and spirit that an "aged" (not old) model does

·
Registered
166 Posts
Theres a certain connection you develop to your carbureted bikes... It gives them personality.
Congratulation on the new bike! Very nice choice!

·
Registered
885 Posts
There is indeed something special about my air-cooled, carbureted, and kick-started off-road motorcycles that I find rather pleasant. My fuel-injected street motorcycles are great, but working on them is a bit different. Not a bad difference, but different just the same.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts