Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
almost looks like a miniature version of my FZ lol

My wife has not ridden in 7 years and is pretty short, so Grom couldn't be a better bike to start back out riding. We went out to a local dealership to check one out, and she fell in love with it right away. Let's just say, 2 miles on the odometer, and already ordered full exhaust, PC5, fender eliminator and integrated tail.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Awesome welcome to the club. I too purchased the grom for my wife, but also for my son to learn on. I got 120 miles out of my last tank of gas, probably could have gone a bit further. Not sure I want to spend 1/4 of the bikes cost on bolts on tho, so mine is still stock. BTW look up the air box mod. It really helps, and its free!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Very cool! Wondering if Honda couldn't have used some mirrors that are a little more proportional to the rest of the bike though-damn those things are HUGE...

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
The head light is also huge.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I too might buy a grom "for my wife"
That is an excellent idea! My "wife" doesn't ride, has no interest in riding, but I don't think she'd Dislike the Grom any more or less than any other bike I'd buy for "Her." Maybe the Insurance would be cheaper, lol:eagerness:

She couldn't say I haven't bought her anything for awhile....But she wood...:cool:

Reactions: 12v_dub and cthouse

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Nice job Dub. I've looked at them a little, but Peg already has a new FZ07 and her 600RR track bike........and at my age, I'm not adopting a kid for them to learn on!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Nice job Dub. I've looked at them a little, but Peg already has a new FZ07 and her 600RR track bike........and at my age, I'm not adopting a kid for them to learn on!
If you change your mind about the adoption, please, please, Pick Me. I promise I wouldn't be a financial burden and I have my own bike.

The lessons I'd get around town and the Track Time would be invaluable. :wave:

Reactions: triplethreat

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I tried to adopt an 18 year old Russian girl, but my wife would not let me :mad:
The ones in China and Thailand are much more interested in moving here for various reasons. And to coin a phrase from a New Thread Today highlighting MotorCyclist Mag, you'd probably also get a lot more "bang for your buck." :angel:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
thanks Vern. my buddy told me, there were some ppl racing that at tally last weekend. LOL!

edit: i dunno why i wrote Ed. lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
Your married to a little person? That's awesome!

Reactions: slo1

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
She's 5'1" LOL

Reactions: fz9

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here are few mods done and installed in past few days. Full exhaust, cold air intake, fender eliminator and integrated led taillight.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
You are going to have a $10,000 Grom before you know it. I always talk my wife into bikes that I know that I am going to love. Now if I can only find where she hides the keys to her R6S.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts