Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I suppose its at least partly due to crowing about it here, or somewhere else this week, but this morning, I done broke my no-hitter for speeding tickets on a motorcycle.

I've been riding motorcycles continuously since ~86, excepting a five year stretch after my last bad crash in 02.....

Today, on an interstate in an unnamed county of an unnamed state, a state trooper clocked me with rear radar at 88 in a 75...

Bugger.

Aw poop.

The only good news is the nice police man screwed up and put my buddies name and DL# on both his and my tickets, so according to the police, my buddy was riding both his VTX AND My FZ09 at the same time.... hopefully this'll be enough to get both tickets thrown out, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Damn. This is what I get for bragging about never having received a speeding ticket on a motorcycle.
And now, your moment of Zen.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Your friend is Very Talented. Two bikes at once....And Leo will swear it happened, lol.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Sucks man. But you might just get lucky here!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I wonder if they have a radar detector that will pair with a blue tooth device on a helmet? That would be badass!

Reactions: Kilo and Steve101

·
Registered
511 Posts
About 15 years ago I was racing a buddy on a Super Blackbird and we did 0-130 three times, after which he peeled off to go home. A half mile down the road I met up with a police roadblock. As they waved me through I had to wonder if they were looking for 2 bikes instead of one. I thanked my lucky stars and went on home. When I got home my shoe was covered in oil because I had blown the head gasket.:p

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm loving your helmet! I'm an attgatt full face helmet wearer but I'd love to have one of those for cruising around in! Is it a moto buco? You are for sure getting out of that ticket imho so I say your record still stands.

Daniel

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I too pray the ticket doesn't stick. But I believe The Record of No Tickets (and Not being stopped) is toast. It's No different than if Barry Bonds, A-Rod, McGuire, Sosa, etc Ever get into the Hall Of Fame. They had a great run too, but the results are tainted. If you continue to believe in The Streak, it too will be tainted; But no fault of your own....It was the overtired & overworked LEO who spoiled it for you. Sorry Brother, it is what it is... :sleepy2:

Reactions: Pacer

·
Registered
670 Posts
1. You aren't charged with the crime of speeding so there is nothing you have to do.

2. Your buddy can plead not guilty because it is impossible to ride two bikes at the same time.

If the judge disagree's, plead not guilty and ask for a jury trial.

It will be dismissed because:

a) They will not pay a cop overtime to sit in a courtroom to defend his clerical mistake.

b) Jury trials are scheduled to run the same time criminal trials are held. So there will be lawyers, witnesses, cops, jail guards and bailiffs on other case(s) waiting for your speeding ticket to be resolved. $500 bucks waiting on a nickel.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
modern helmet, Bell 500. Now don't y'all go out and be emulating me:rolleyes:
That road should honestly be 100, it's dead straight for 45 miles or so and NOTHING on either side but a lake bed, desert, and a solar factory.

I didn't know my buddy was taking the picture, I was off on a zen thing to calm myself.

I almost forgot, guess what color the cop wrote down for my motorcycle?

to be continued
jaz

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
in over 20 years of riding mostly 750-1000cc supersports, i've only ever gotten a speeding ticket once. on a huge 8-lane main road (basically a highway) with an absurd 30mph speed limit. i knew the road and the speed limit, but on a bike like a gsx-r1k, it takes a lot of conscious effort and focus to go slower than 80mph. i lost focus. cracked the throttle open more than 5% and an unmarked cruiser pulled me over and wrote me up for 45 in a 30. i'm pretty sure i hit at least 60 though.

you win some, you lose some. just try to make sure you win more than you lose.

with the 09, it's a bit easier to keep the speed down....

·
Registered
601 Posts
Speeding laws are stupid, as most speed limits are much lower than the safe speeds.

Sorry about your ticket.

Wish I'd been that lucky in the past 20 yrs.

·
Registered
350 Posts
You should be ashamed of yourself. 88 in a 75 zone. I would have thought your first ticket should have hit triple digits.

·
Registered
663 Posts
What took you so long? I got my first one in about 10th grade. (36 years ago)

Unless they reissue the citation (which is a possibility) you should skate on this one. In my time on the back side of a badge, I saw a few mistakes made on cites. Sometimes they were just trashed, especially if minor. If it was a big deal, an officer would track the person down and reissue a citation. I also saw a few mailed to people via certified mail.

Your issue sounds pretty small. I doubt you'll hear from them. Keep us posted.

image.jpg

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Did they issue your buddy a ticket as well or just issue you a ticket and write your buddy's info on your ticket? Sounds like you owe your buddy a 12-pack as he's going to take the fall! You'll probably both get off on a technicality.

Good pic btw

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
never mind about the two tickets...I glanced over it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Speed limits are seldom about safety and are almost never set by traffic engineers as they should be. They are totally political. All it takes is one local person with a stick up their ass to complain to their local elected official. LEO's want desperately to get reelected so they will arbitrarily lower the limit. That scenario is especially bad in Texas. I have lived and drove in other states so I had a good feel for what a speed limit should be based on the conditions. That doesn't apply here. I can turn onto an unfamiliar road and get up to a reasonable speed while looking for a SL sign. Frequently, when I finally see one, it has no relation to what it should be. Enough whining. Can't do anything about it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts