Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I might as well start a build thread. I have modified a few items, and I still have a few left, so I'll get more pics when I have put the rest of the stuff on.

So far:
Yoshi fender eliminator - Pretty easy to install, had to drill the plate though. Very good construction quality.
Traf-X LED Indicators with new relay - Great quality, very bright, way cheaper than Rizoma, just as good IMHO.
*NEW* Traf-X LED Turn Signals "X-Light 02", PJ's Parts
Yamaha Sport Tracker seat - O.M.G. This seat absolutely transformed the bike for me. Way more comfortable, much better body position, and just more confidence overall. I love the fact that it looks great, and that it's an OEM fit. Bought it from a Yamaha dealer in Germany.
Hindle Carbon SuperSport Evolution Exhaust - Another game changer. The noise this bike makes now is superb! I always wore earplugs anyway so now I can actually hear the bike at highway speeds, before I couldn't hear anything. Very very nice sound indeed. I would post a video, do I have to have a youtube account or something?
OES Sliders Kit - Just basic protection, again, very good quality and great instructions.
Tech Spec Tank Protectors - Flappy bits of rubber. Now the seat is a bit higher, my legs actually contact these properly!
ECU flash by Vcyclenut - Wow, just wow. Get this done straight away if you can, can't say enough good things about the fuelling etc. Much less harsh on the decel too, makes the bike easier to ride for sure so well worth the $200.
RAM iPhone mount - Just the basic set up, bolt through the handlebar clamp, short arm, iPhone holder. It's very secure.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B005J43I56/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B002L9LW00/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0055PH0XA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Fabbri Gen-X Sport Screen - Looks great, deflects the wind very well. From PJ's parts (as were the indicators) Installation instructions (the provided ones are pretty poor) here:
http://www.fz09.org/forum/13-fz-09-gear-accessories/6854-fabbri-gen-x-sport-screen-fz-09-installation-instructions.html

:cool:

RWS_4582.jpg

RWS_4590.jpg

RWS_4594.jpg

RWS_4601.jpg

·
Registered
113 Posts
looks great Bob.

Your list of mods is extremely close to where mine might have / will be / did end up. lol
I almost bought that screen, I was so close on multiple occasions. And I had that seat in my shopping cart online, then finally went Corbin. One of these days we'll meet up, and I can hear that pipe. I can't decide on going Hindle or holding out and paying 2x as much for an Akro TI, but I don't want anything too obnoxious.
Great looking bike. Subtle changes and they all tie together really well.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks great Bob.

Your list of mods is extremely close to where mine might have / will be / did end up. lol
I almost bought that screen, I was so close on multiple occasions. And I had that seat in my shopping cart online, then finally went Corbin. One of these days we'll meet up, and I can hear that pipe. I can't decide on going Hindle or holding out and paying 2x as much for an Akro TI, but I don't want anything too obnoxious.
Great looking bike. Subtle changes and they all tie together really well.
Thanks. Yeah it was the header profile that sold me on the Hindle, I love the way it follows the line of the bike, otherwise I would have gone Akra too. And now they seem to be turning a wonderful deep bronze colour! I called Hindle direct and got a great price.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Everything looks great. The photo angles look like the pipes would take a bottom hit before the oil pan. The exhaust line does flow really well though. Seat looks much higher than stock, closer to a dirt bike or supermoto style. I also have Traf-X signals and OES protection. Good stuff for sure. I do plan on swapping OES mounting bolts to stainless. Same thing with brake mounting hardware. Nice job sir.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice bike, Bob! I'm from Hamilton and am in Oakville all the time. In fact I am there all of this coming weekend. I would love to check out some of those choice mods some time. Did you buy the exhaust right from Hindle? I got a price from Tony at Bluestreak a while back and it was pretty good. We could also compare the Vcyclenut flash vs Ivan's on my bike.

Oakville Yamaha is also a great dealership, lots of unique gear.

Cheers

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice bike, Bob! I'm from Hamilton and am in Oakville all the time. In fact I am there all of this coming weekend. I would love to check out some of those choice mods some time. Did you buy the exhaust right from Hindle? I got a price from Tony at Bluestreak a while back and it was pretty good. We could also compare the Vcyclenut flash vs Ivan's on my bike.

Oakville Yamaha is also a great dealership, lots of unique gear.

Cheers
Yeah I just e-mailed them direct, they were pretty good to deal with. Ping me when the weather warms up a bit and we can go out for a ride.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Looking good,

Just curious which ECU flash by Vcyclenut you went with the Hindle exhaust?

I noticed on their website that they state:

"an amazing increase of 10 horsepower with absolutely no further tuning (completely stock)."

Hindle.JPG

Plus their posted HP and Torque curves look interesting.

fceed392-8f12-4da8-8a14-8ffe7cac6e17.jpg

aec4c548-d61d-4abd-855b-9dec51facccc.jpg

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
How do you post larger pictures so I can actually show a bit of detail?
I think if you shoot with the same resolution, but just get closer to the bike and/or zoom in you should provide plenty of detail. We can also zoom in on your posted pics. These pictures look good on my ipad.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think if you shoot with the same resolution, but just get closer to the bike and/or zoom in you should provide plenty of detail. We can also zoom in on your posted pics. These pictures look good on my ipad.
LOL. The actual pics are massive, but when I post them here the forum shrinks them down. When I see other people's pics there is a bar above them to see them at the original resolution, I don't see that with mine. Is it because I'm posting them using a certain option?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Thanks. Yeah it was the header profile that sold me on the Hindle, I love the way it follows the line of the bike, otherwise I would have gone Akra too. And now they seem to be turning a wonderful deep bronze colour! I called Hindle direct and got a great price.
I completely agree, I was looking at the Akra, but could not get over the header pipe profile.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Plus they are 100% Canadian:icon_thumbright:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts