Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the dealer have blurple touch up paint for the wheels? I must have had a rock kicked up in from of me, because I have a pretty good chip on my front wheel. Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Will the dealer have blurple touch up paint for the wheels? I must have had a rock kicked up in from of me, because I have a pretty good chip on my front wheel. Any help would be appreciated. TIA.
I just bought colorRite for my bikes -- I have a pen and couple of little jars -- ColorRite Motorcycle Paint - it is probably cheaper than a dealer.
1329 Deep Purplish Blue Metallic (DPBM15)

or the R6 Yamaha 0564 Deep Purplish Blue Metallic C (DPBMC)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Colorite still do not have the color code in yet. I requested it over 3 months ago, and they said they'd get it in about 6 weeks ago, and still nothing.

I ended up touching up my blurple rims with a black magic marker, seeing that my scratch was right on the rim near where the tire sits.. You can't tell, not unless you're looking for it with a fine toothpick. worked for me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just ordered me a touch up pen of Yamaha 0978 Deep Purplish Blue Metallic T, I hope it's the correct color (I saw it mentioned in another thread).

I'll get it in a couple of weeks, and report back my findings. Thought take in mind that I'm partially color blind, so perhaps you shouldn't rely on my opinion :rolleyes:
Post some pics please i saw that color code and was thinking of adding some color to my bike. Which kit did you get?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Post some pics please i saw that color code and was thinking of adding some color to my bike. Which kit did you get?
I picked up this kit from Amazon.
I only need it to touch up a few minor scratches on the rear wheel. I'm sure it'll come in handy in the future too, as this wheel scratches real easy.

·
Registered
657 Posts
This thread came up at a great time, I just noticed a chip in the paint on my front wheel.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'd be interested to see pics of how well it does or doesn't color match the OEM wheel color. I realize no touch up paint will be perfect, but my experience has been that touch up paint tends to be just a shade darker than the paint that you are trying to match. Usually it's close enough that unless you're looking for it you can't tell, but I tend to be a bit anal so I notice lol.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ok so you just got the pen, i was thinking of getting a can and possibly doing the tank, but not sure may wrap it instead.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the input guys! I will have to try and get one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bumping this old thread, is there a way to touch up the gold color on the forks? I have a few rock chips but have not seen a way to cover those up...?

·
Registered
580 Posts
I went to a beauty supply store and found a nail polish that was a (close to) perfect match for small chips on the blurple rim.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts