Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a pair of tank emblems, just like the stock ones, but where the chromey parts are blue to match my wheels. Can somebody whip me up a set please?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
It's a simple 8 step process:

1. Take picture of emblem
2. Open picture in photo program
3. Change chromey parts to blue
4. Size and print emblem
5. Place new emblem in 0.25 inch high, waxed ring of same inside diameter on a waxed base
6. Fill ring with clear epoxy, remove all air bubbles, let fully cure
7. Release your new emblem from the ring mold, shape, sand, polish and coat with UV protectant clear finish
8. Affix to motorcycle in desired location

Done!

;)

·
Registered
611 Posts
It's a simple 8 step process:

1. Take picture of emblem
2. Open picture in photo program
3. Change chromey parts to blue
4. Size and print emblem
5. Place new emblem in 0.25 inch high, waxed ring of same inside diameter on a waxed base
6. Fill ring with clear epoxy, remove all air bubbles, let fully cure
7. Release your new emblem from the ring mold, shape, sand, polish and coat with UV protectant clear finish
8. Affix to motorcycle in desired location

Done!

;)
lol, how about we pay you to do this for us ;P

·
Registered
354 Posts
Reactions: cjhorton

·
Registered
354 Posts
I can't remember how or why I have looked them up on eBay but I just happen to remember I saw them there so i did a little searching found again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi there. This is my first post and I wish it was a contribution instead of a question. However I'm grateful for the info on this forum since my bike hasn't arrived as yet.

Sorry to revive an aging thread, but while I'm awaiting my FZ 09, I was wondering what is the diameter of the Yamaha "tuning fork" emblem on the sides of fuel tank?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts