Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coloring was also the news for the much-anticipated FZ-09, as the Blazing Orange paint scheme will be offered alongside the Liquid Graphite and Rapid Red options already revealed when the new mount broke cover earlier this summer. Yamaha says it added the new color option because of the enthusiastic response to the new design.

Electronic Suspension for 2014 Yamaha FJR - Motorcycle USA

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Oh this is not good. I have already been put in for the Graphite. But I have always like the orange option on the MT-09 best. Sht. Will have to get in touch with the dealership I'm dealing with. Sht.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
The MT-09s have a light gray colored frame whereas the FZ-09 has a dark gray or black frame, but on Yamaha's (US) web-site it seems like the Blazing Orange has the MT-09s lighter colored frame. Could this just be a picture snagged from the EU model and photoshopped with the FZ-09 sticker for a quick response to add it to the site or could this be such a late intro to America that they may actually bring the MT version here with just the stickers replaced?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Doesn't the MT have some small differences like the left bar switches? Maybe for America Yamaha will just put an orange tank on a graphite FZ.

I thought it was the MT that comes in 2 frame colors and the FZ just one? Gets confusing.
Ewww, orange and blue wheels, ewhh.

The MT comes with two different fork color options depending on the bike color. The MT's frame is lighter silver or gray.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The MT-09s have a light gray colored frame whereas the FZ-09 has a dark gray or black frame, but on Yamaha's (US) web-site it seems like the Blazing Orange has the MT-09s lighter colored frame. Could this just be a picture snagged from the EU model and photoshopped with the FZ-09 sticker for a quick response to add it to the site or could this be such a late intro to America that they may actually bring the MT version here with just the stickers replaced?
the pics do show the bike with north american turn signals though, so they would have had to photoshop those in as well.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Today I stopped at local dealer. He had none on order. Said he could order next week but I had to put down a non-refundable deposit. with Calif taxes and license and dealer prep it would be $9,000 out the door. another dealer 70 miles from me told me they had 5 ordered with deposits on 3 and if I put down 100.00 I could get one and if I changed my mind, I got the 100 back. Only thing is he has yet to quote me OTD price. I will be bugging him Monday for that. I did give him my credit card and he took my deposit. I like the red one best.

Reactions: triplethreat

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Ah yes........another fan of the fastest color.......Red.... ^^^^^^^^^

Reactions: bikee4

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Oh sure, Just because "Rapid" is in it's name. Ha ha.
Well yeah.......they did name it "Rapid" for a reason! Or..ange you wishing the you would have ordered one?

I know, pretty sad, but sometimes my sense of humor is only funny to me (at the time)!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts