Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I almost never see another FZ-09 here in Communist Santa Barbara.

But I saw a Blazing Orange one on this Labor day morning (9/1)

Who are you my friend?

You were heading North and I was on the Rapid Red one heading south.

We both waved.

Pull over, identify yourself, Boy do you know how fast you was a going?

Buford T Pussor was taking a hard look at you!!! Lol.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Probably going 2/3 as fast as the Red one....lol

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL!!!!! YEAH RIGHT !!!!! wish it was me im so sick of the TN weather I can say I wont be retiring here got at least another twenty years!!!!
Good o'l Ten-er-see. Lots of great music there!

Yea you would have loved todays riding weather. 75 degrees, light breeze off the water, and plenty of sunshine... to go with a heavy dose of Communism. Lol.

·
Registered
342 Posts
its 150 here chance of showers which means it will rain so why bother, we all know the fz is not rideable in the rain.......

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
I'm not sure where Atoka is, but we put in almost 200 miles today in E. TN.....Deals Gap/Robbinsville/Cherohala skyway/back to the house. We got about 5 minutes of rain up on the skyway, but it was over almost as fast as it started.....and yea, the FZ is rideable in the rain....even in "A" mode!

·
Registered
473 Posts

Who are you my friend?

We both waved.

Can't say it was me.

·
Registered
768 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts

Who are you my friend?

We both waved.

Hiya! I'm constantly on the 101 going to and fro, might have been me, not sure. Picked up my Blazing Orange one 8/26/14 and was riding most of Labor day. Either way, hopefully see (& meet) some of Y'all out there. Just joined last night, this forum is great btw

·
Registered
18 Posts
NO WAY WHAT A SMALL WORLD! That was probably me around 9-10am? I was going from LA to Monterey via the 101 and went through Santa Barbara Labor Day morning! I was wearing a Black/white one piece suit, matte black arai, and a backpack.
Here's my FZ!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Im already smellin a meet goin on:) ...at least before it starts getting cold, labor day monday though i did actually spotted a red fz09, around here in North County San Diego, and was able to meet with him
He is a actually a Navy Corpsmen, i told him about this forum, i dont know if he ever joined, but i got his info, his down to ride

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NO WAY WHAT A SMALL WORLD! That was probably me around 9-10am? I was going from LA to Monterey via the 101 and went through Santa Barbara Labor Day morning! I was wearing a Black/white one piece suit, matte black arai, and a backpack.
Here's my FZ!
Yep that was you. I got pretty excited when I saw it was an FZ. Especially an orange one. Nice to see some color around here. Almost everyone around here has either a black or grey bike. Kinda like watching a black and white movie.

I had better shut up before the tomatoes start flying my way!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Im already smellin a meet goin on:) ...at least before it starts getting cold, labor day monday though i did actually spotted a red fz09, around here in North County San Diego, and was able to meet with him
He is a actually a Navy Corpsmen, i told him about this forum, i dont know if he ever joined, but i got his info, his down to ride
I used to live in Oceanside. Where you at?

Sure is some great riding down in SD.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I used to live in Oceanside. Where you at?

Sure is some great riding down in SD.
Im in Vista:) and yes been doing alot of riding in backroad of murietta, temecula, and escondido, and palomar only with a big group though, im usually with 5 R6s

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cool to see FZ's starting to meet out in the wild! On a side note anyone doing track days at Laguna Seca or are cruising Big Sur/PCH PM me and I can show you around the area. Hopefully I'll be getting back back down south soon to ride Malibu with all you SoCal guys!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Cool to see FZ's starting to meet out in the wild! On a side note anyone doing track days at Laguna Seca or are cruising Big Sur/PCH PM me and I can show you around the area. Hopefully I'll be getting back back down south soon to ride Malibu with all you SoCal guys!
Ill be runnin my FZ09 in the track at Auto Club Speedway @ Fontana, Ca September 27th, ill look into Laguna seca, but im down to some cruisin

1 - 19 of 19 Posts