Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, there seems to be a ton of people on here with the Rizoma light, and not many with the Blaster-X, just wondering why?

To me safety tops style, and the Blaster-X seems much brighter than the Rizoma, and more easily seen. Also from some of the pics I've seen the Rizoma seems to point up a bit, compared to stock.

The Rizoma is definitely the cleaner look, but as I said, I want everyone to know which way I'm turning and braking, not sure if the upward pointing LED's would be that visible in bright sunlight. I always find aftermarket LED lights to be very directional, anything off axis looks dull.

Thoughts on these two lights?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Because they're Lightechs and not Rizomas... :icon_scratch:

I took the post to mean he has the Rizoma taillight and those blinkers in addition to it. :)

I think it just boils down to individual preferences. I love Rizoma stuff, but I value being seen more. Plus, the look of the Blaster-X light really doesn't bother me. It's just like the stock light so it looks sort of tacked on, but somehow, I like it.

If I remember correctly there was someone here who tweaked the mounting of the Rizoma so it wasn't aimed so high...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have Rizoma and led blinkers that are also brake lights , i think they are very bright.
View attachment 14652
Sorry for the off topic question but

I just bought these blinkers. How did you set yours up? I was expecting 3 wire and not 4 wire. I could splice everything together and make it all work but I was hoping to avoid any splices on this bike in an effort to keep everything clean and stock. Are there any 4 wire connectors you know of?

Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
I love my blaster-x, it's obnoxiously bright. I do wish it looked as clean as the rizoma but like you said it just looks like stock so it's not bad.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I love my blaster-x, it's obnoxiously bright. I do wish it looked as clean as the rizoma but like you said it just looks like stock so it's not bad.
X2. Custom led used my bike for the prototype. It's a great product - I do wish the firm factor was more flush but I go for safety over looks when it comes to signals and brake lights. It's super bright and the adjustable flashing module really gets people's attention. I put the demo mode on when I go to bike nights and always get people asking about it.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have the Blaster-X as well and love it. I also have the Light Tech turn signals.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sorry for the off topic question but

I just bought these blinkers. How did you set yours up? I was expecting 3 wire and not 4 wire. I could splice everything together and make it all work but I was hoping to avoid any splices on this bike in an effort to keep everything clean and stock. Are there any 4 wire connectors you know of?

For the brake and running light I stripped the wire and slipped it into the female oem side of the connector then pushed on the male side which locked the wires in . Hope that makes sense .
I used some oem connectors I bought for the blinker wires

1 - 10 of 10 Posts