Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the blank in the left grip control is? In the States we usually get a blank where the rest of the world gets a passing light - but we've got it. So I wonder what (if anyone) has in this space?
2.jpg

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well - the MT09's have the blank too. I was thinking if it was a heated grip controller or something I might want to get a Euro spec control and use it. I'm thinking now that it's going to be used by the next version of the bike. Something like the sport tourer FZDM mockup, and that it might get electronically adjustable suspension like the new FJR1300. I don't like the placement of the horn button - with gloves on cancelling the turn signal I sometimes honk the horn. So I might have to look around for a controller from a different model that I could switch to in order to get the horn button in a better place. Something to play with on a rainy day...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Bumping this thread - does anyone know what the part number/fiche is for the euro/Japanese version that HAS a switch there? I want to wire it up to a garage door opener =P

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Bumping this thread - does anyone know what the part number/fiche is for the euro/Japanese version that HAS a switch there? I want to wire it up to a garage door opener =P
No idea. I just purchased a small pushbutton switch from my local electronics supply store and installed it in that slot and replaced the square rubber plug with some neatly trimmed Black-Ultra RTV and it looks fine and works great at opening the garage door as the switch is wired up to an opener stashed in the left side "air scoop"

Reactions: kingsquid

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
It's really a ruse by Yamaha to survey what everybody wants without coming out and asking us. So far, they're going to have to add about six more openings.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts