Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

bit of a rough weekend somone knocked over my bike and still speed limited

4K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  JM123 
#1 ·
stopped to get gas yesterday morning, went in to use the facilities and came out to find my bike on its side. :(

it fell to the kick stand side with the tank landing on a pipe. The gas station has no camera's so im just SOL. Im guessing someone sat on it and forgot to put the kickstand down. I believe big in karma so hope they get theirs. I was out in the middle of no where so its not like a kid walked by and did it. It had to be an adult driving a car.

Also another failed attempt to override the speed limiter. That project is going to get put on the back burner while I finish up some other things.

here is a pic of my tank that now needs replacing

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Grrrr! that stinks man. Maybe you can have a painless dent remover try to repair it? they can work miracles sometimes.

Reactions: vcyclenut
#8 ·
yea I have used them before and they did an amazing job.

problem is the big scratch. Im not big on trying to match factory paint. Every time I have paid someone to paint a motorcycle part, I always wished I just bought the factory one.

#6 ·
That Really Sucks, Big time. Sorry to see it happened to you.....

I tooo hope the bite of Karma He eventually gets is huge! :mad:

#10 ·
I have hooked three tarpons in Tarpon Bay and never got one in the boat. I came close to cutting the tip of my finger off from a backlash on my Ambassador reel, when one turned and took off. My father cut the line and I flew out of the boat. We didn't start laughing until I had the tip sewn back on by the drunk doctor in Sanibel.

#12 ·
#15 ·
wow...I used to dreaM OF RAISING TARPON ON SURF GEAR LIKE WE DO UP NORTH WITH THE STRIPERS AND BLUES..ambassador, newels, penns and diawas were the reels back then ...now I toss an Avet....talk about perfect for big tarpon from the beach on poppers!!!...WHOA!!!!:love7:

#17 ·
WOW....tarpon fishing is the ultimate....before moving to fla I would dream of raising big tarpon from the shore on monster poppers like we do stripers...ambassador,newell,penn,diawa were the reels of choice then...I reach the big tarpon nowadays off the surf throwing an Avet J....WHAT A REEL...snook and tarpon are very very addictive too....is there a website called... addictive living.com yet?....;)

#18 ·
my bad ct....im overseas and the connectivity is lousy....I didn't think the first reply went thru...so I rewrote it .....I fished so jersey from corsons inlet to sandy hook....a lot great guys around there even though I was from bklyn they treated me and my guys great...miss that at times

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.