Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a big fan of the Billett cleanable,re-useable oil filters.They filter better than paper,have a magnet inside,have xtra cooling fins and look trick especially on bikes like the FZ-09 where it is out there and exposed.Keep the bike long enough and they pay for themselves.

My question is: does anyone know of a matching oil filter from another Yamaha?
I'm sure there is some Yamaha using the same oil filter and then I could just order one for that bike.

PC racing and Scotts are the two companies making those filters.They run about $100

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've got one from Flo Filters part # PcS1. I picked up a factory filter when I picked up my FZ09. Cross referenced part number off that and found it is used for FZ8 and Fz6. Searched billet filters for those models, purchased and installed this weekend

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
354 Posts
Learn something new everyday

·
Registered
235 Posts
Would that type of filter void the warranty if there's an engine problem.
Depends on the attitude of the dealer but it could.. Anything after market can void that part and any related system if it's not offered as an option from the manufacturer and/or dealer.

Basically if your worried about warranty issues don't give them a reason to pass blame to something you've changed.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Technically only if it can be proven to contribute to the failure of the part/system in question.

Magnuson?Moss Warranty Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Exactly.. That's why I said could and can not it deffinately will. I'm simply giving worst case scenario. And as a proffesional Toyota technician I deal with warranty daily and have had situations like this.. Granted with the engine there are many other possibilities before saying "that's not factory it won't be covered" but if issues arise due to lubrication it can be blamed on that if there aren't any other cases with the same issue on stock motors.

Also if there is a problem just put the original part back on before it's takin in.

Reactions: DNFDOUG
1 - 7 of 7 Posts