Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
So I got bikemaster retro mirrors:
https://fortnine.ca/en/bikemaster-oval-lined-mirror?gclid=Cj0KEQjwkN3KBRCu2fWmy9LLqN4BEiQANP9-WsKNo9bjoy0ldZddCrvLal6pp4giqSg8T3fwGUJ7WsgaAvP48P8HAQ#76=21

The issue is xsr900 bar ends are little smaller for mirrors and provided adapters are not working.
So I used some tape and kinda worked, mirrors look awesome on xsr, I just hate the tape solution(some little parts are visible from sides...).

So I search and found Rizoma have some bar ends with adapters specially for xsr900
Dedicated product line created by Rizoma -
Dedicated product line created by Rizoma -

I don't mind spending 70 CAD, the question is are they gonna be right size?
It is specially made for xsr900(fz09) according to rizoma, the question is will the mirrors work on them ?
In mirror specification it says: Bar End Mirrors include adapters for 7/8 and 1 handlebar.

Sorry for being stupid, just can't get this size thing....

Did anyone use rizoma bar ends or adapters ? Should I go ahead and get rizoma grips as well? will they all 4 work together? (grip, bar end with adapter + mirror)
Universal Grips by Rizoma Bikes Accessories -

Thank you very much!

xsr900_mirrors.jpg

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
the 7/8" and 1" refer to the rubber plug that inserts into the handlebar, they provide two sizes to fit standard 7/8" bars and 1" most commonly found on custom bikes and or Harleys. kinda hard to understand what Rizoma is saying in the description/application due to loss of words in translation. give motivationusa a call since they are a Rizoma dealer, located in Austin,TX, they may have better insight...post up if/when you find out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
it's public holiday here in Canada, tomorrow i will call them and check (motostarz.ca )
By the way, mirrors are awesome, they look awesome and no vibrations at all (checked on +150km/h )

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
:cool:

I have the same mirror style(Rizoma Dynamic)knockoffs, but not bar end version. Had them on my Buell before putting them on the fz, they are great mirrors.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Do they just mount on to the existing mirror mounts? Do you have any pics or a link to the ones you have? Very interested

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
this is what I found on ebay, exactly the same as I have. couldn't find it on amazon, but they do have the BikeMaster version.

Black CNC Dynamic Style Mirrors KTM DUKE 690 990 SM SMT ST II SUPERMOTO

https://www.amazon.com/BikeMaster-Lined-Oval-Tube-Mirror/dp/B0031758QU/ref=sr_1_78?ie=UTF8&qid=1499175685&sr=8-78&keywords=oval+motorcycle+mirrors

Mirrors CNC Billet Alloy Yamaha SR500 Vintage Cafe Racer Road Racer is a little different that it has a pivot at the base

these mirrors come with caps that have o-rings to cover the hardware...looks like they provide the 10mm left and right threaded hardware to install onto the bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts