12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
break it down to basics

1) its turning over so it not in the starting system

you need 3 things to have a fire

spark, fuel and compression

we can assume you have compression

if you can hear the fuel pump prime we can assume it has fuel

which leaves spark, to verify you do not have spark pull a plug and plug it into the spark plug wire and hold the tip against motor and see if you have spark jumping across the electrode

then you have to trouble shoot the ignition system. Honestly other than a fuse and the ecu not sure what else there is to it on a modern bike. Can anyone help me out here?
I inspected the fuses Again with a meter and found the blown one. Motorcycle starts now

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I inspected the fuses Again with a meter and found the blown one. Motorcycle starts now
break it down to basics

1) its turning over so it not in the starting system

you need 3 things to have a fire

spark, fuel and compression

we can assume you have compression

if you can hear the fuel pump prime we can assume it has fuel

which leaves spark, to verify you do not have spark pull a plug and plug it into the spark plug wire and hold the tip against motor and see if you have spark jumping across the electrode

then you have to trouble shoot the ignition system. Honestly other than a fuse and the ecu not sure what else there is to it on a modern bike. Can anyone help me out here?
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Good to hear that all is well and you're back on the road. More importantly, thanks for letting us know what happened!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts