Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Vendor
1,252 Posts
David do you know wich Ecu pin is related to the injector ? This would be helpful
if the flash was a year ago it cant be that as the flash cant change over time ( I know you were not blaming the flash, this is more for others reading, as some people don't realize that the flash is totally stable and can not change over time)

I don't know the pin out to the injectors, is your fuel pump priming when you turn the key on?

·
Registered
8 Posts
if the flash was a year ago it cant be that as the flash cant change over time ( I know you were not blaming the flash, this is more for others reading, as some people don't realize that the flash is totally stable and can not change over time)

I don't know the pin out to the injectors, is your fuel pump priming when you turn the key on?
I checked everything is fine exept the injector...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I consider myself pretty handy, but this is baffling. Any tips would be appreciated.

What I did:
Removed tank, ECU, airbox, reassembled. I was checking something unrelated and after reassembly, the bike won't start.

What happens:
Fuel pump primes, everything seems fine, bike won't start. It cranks and cranks and never sounds like it's even close. It's never done this before.

Things I've tried/checked:
-I removed the fuel line from the fuel rail and verified that priming the pump actually pumps gas out.
-I removed all the plugs, they seemed dry but I left them out to dry for a few days anyway.
-I checked for spark on each plug on each coil pack or whatever they're called.
-Battery is good.
-Fuel is good and there's enough of it.
-The fuses in the little fuse box under the seat are intact, as well as the two big 10amp ones that I think go to the starter relay. (Are there other fuses somewhere?)
-I've tried cycling the ignition a few times, waiting a half hour and trying again, waiting a few days and trying again.

Other things:
I'm flashed with FTECU. I've tried flashing back to stock and the behavior is the same and then back to my flash file and behavior is the same.
There are no new fault codes (there are a couple that happen when you first flash and persist).

Ideas:
My first thought was that I flooded it with multiple starting attempts, but the plugs are dry. So maybe it's not getting fuel? I know my connection to the fuel tank is good, the fuel pump is good, and the fuel is good. How can I check/troubleshoot the fuel injectors? Also, the manual lists fuel injection system fuses which I tried to check, but can't seem to find. Any idea where that is?

So yeah I'm about all out of ideas and am pretty close to just dropping it off at Yamaha, but if you guys can think of anything else, that would be great. Thank you.
Did you find what was the problem? I have the SAME THING to my xsr, can’t figure it out

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hey all, sorry I never came back to this. I ended up bringing it into the dealership. It was a bad fuel pump. The pump would flow fuel when there was no restriction in the line but wasn't actually making enough pressure to activate the injectors. They replaced the pump and my bike has been fine since.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts