Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
? Is there a kink in the undertank fuel hose?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
It's somewhere over 13. I've charged it back up a few times.
FYI....my charger reported that my battery was fully charged...but my bike would not start. It cranked strong, but the plugs weren't firing...thus no start. Once I got a new battery the bike was fine. You might think you have a good battery, but it could be bad. Reading voltage of a no-load condition doesn't tell much unless the voltage is low. Even a bad battery can show 12.5V.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
FYI....my charger reported that my battery was fully charged...but my bike would not start. It cranked strong, but the plugs weren't firing...thus no start. Once I got a new battery the bike was fine. You might think you have a good battery, but it could be bad. Reading voltage of a no-load condition doesn't tell much unless the voltage is low. Even a bad battery can show 12.5V.
Oh gotcha. I checked that the plugs are actually firing, and they are. But it could be weak. Maybe I'll replace the battery just to see. Any idea what the voltage should be while cranking? I have a multimeter so I could try to measure it.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Modern cheap digital multimeters only take periodic readings, so I wouldn't bother plus I don't know the spec when cranking. I got a new battery for $20 on line and quick delivery. Do a search under my user name and you will find the thread.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Reactions: shamrock

·
Registered
276 Posts
Long shot.but maybe My Sportster had a part of a leaf or some type of vegitation matter in the female part of the ecu plug in after I had it apart to flash. Won’t not start and I knew it was not getting fuel. Two days later I found this by accident. For grins pull it apart and see?

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I hate to ask this but:
What was that unrelated issue you were chasing that caused you to remove the airbox? Perhaps rootin around in there caused the problem.

Make sure that ECU connection is fully snapped into place.
Make sure the two fuel hoses you needed to remove to rotate the tank to the seat were not reversed when you re-connected them. The hose on the left side (closest to the frame) is a fuel tank drain hose(fuel supply), the one on the right is the fuel tank breather hose. Make sure the breather is not blocked. This is based on a 2018 MT-09 but should be the same for your bike.

Reactions: Woof

·
Registered
242 Posts
Bent pin or miss connection on each main harness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
He would get error messages if the case. I know this I had a few wires back out of my harness after doing a tb sync. I had 6 error codes showing. I had to push all the wires one at a time back into the connector harness to get the bike to start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Another thread with no follow-up.
Awe, I am catching up after slacking over the holidays. Saw this thread had new posts and got excited that it was resolved :'(.

·
Registered
8 Posts
did you also just reflash it?

I just saw this post, but im wondering if the OP flashed his ecu with the wrong file
No it’s been flashed by you for about a year now i got the same problem, crank no start, plugs are dry, i checked if there was any current going to the injector and there’s not, i just don’t know if the problem is before or after the ecu, altough i checked all the fuses under the seat and everything is fine, next steo is to remove the harness :’(

21 - 40 of 49 Posts