Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
I'll take it. As a child of the 60's, I'm used to long rambling dissertations on not much at all, album covers for example. (No offence Catch)

Reactions: Desert Rat

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 FZ09 w/ 13,500mi
Akra Carbon
Vcyclenuts flash
Flash and exhaust have been on the bike for approx 4,000 miles.

One ride I noticed that it was popping a bit on decel. If I ran through a gear hard and cut the throttle it would occasionally backfire.

Seemed to do it mostly in the midrange (5-8k)

Ran like that for around 300 miles and just last night I noticed it wasn't doing it at all. Completely back to normal??

When it was acting up, everything else felt fine. Full power, started right up, idle was good.

I checked for an obvious exhaust leak, but header bolts were fine and muffler was secure.

It started in the middle of a tank of gas, and ended in the middle....with about 3 tanks through it.

I'm not sure what to think of it. Fuel filter perhaps?
I had similiar problem changed the oil and it fixed it. In thinking because i have a small oil leak in clutch cover from previous owners crash it got a little low but i dont know why this would nake it pop and backfire alot

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
I had similiar problem changed the oil and it fixed it. In thinking because i have a small oil leak in clutch cover from previous owners crash it got a little low but i dont know why this would nake it pop and backfire alot
It won't.

·
Vendor
1,510 Posts
i spent some time thinking about the low oil and crack in the clutch cover

to have popping you need two ingredients. Unburnt fuel ( normal on closed throttle) and fresh air. The fresh air is normally what the ais system provides on closed throttle to clean up emissions

I guess its possible if the oil level got below the crack in the clutch cover it started to suck air in, though i would have thought it would blow out

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
🤫

21 - 29 of 29 Posts