Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike shut off randomly when I revved the bike coming from a stop. This was the first time the bike did this. The stand was up and I had the clutch pulled in.

I was riding from a stop when the bike died. I usually blip the throttle when I'm about to go from a full stop. After restarting, I kept trying to recreate the issue but I was not successful.

I have s1r CF and stock ecu.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Air/Fuel issue. You have a Two Brothers exhaust on the bike, did this problem occur when had the stock exhaust? If not, you need to get an ECU tune or Power Commander V installed to adjust the fueling. Open exhausts sound great but have different fueling needs and your ECU has not corrected the change enough. It could get better over time as the ECU learns, but inlet air temperatures will constantly be affecting it. Easy solution is get a new tune for the ECU.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I kinda figured that could be the caused of it. I thought I would experience it when the bike is cold but this happened after riding for 20 minutes off/on throttle. This would be something that I need to ship the ecu right?

Also, to the user who moved my thread.....thanks, I wasn't 100% where it was suppose to go.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yes, shipping the ECU is required unless you have a tuner you can drive too. Not really that hard to get the ECU out as there are threads and STG has YouTube video showing how to get the tank off to access it. Some of us went with VCycleNut for $80 plus shipping which is a great deal. Everyone who had theirs done is very happy with his work including me. You will need to check and see if there is a fueling map for your exhaust from either someone who had it done via PCV or tuner to get the correct tune on your bike. Maybe a generic aftermarket exhaust fuel map would be good enough though, check with the ECU tuner to see.

·
Registered
314 Posts
My bike did this to me twice in the first thousand miles. I didn't have anything done such as power commander, exhaust, reflash. I put another 1k+ stock, and another 2k+ after that with full exhaust power commander and reflash and still haven't had it happen again.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Bone Stock mine did this at around 550 miles on the clock. Same thing, I blipped the throttle twice at a red light and it died. Started up with no issues. It has not happened again since. I keep trying to recreate it also and nada!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Ive seen quite a few people complaining of this..it seems to go away on its own after a while..
My own bike has done it a few times, but I dont remember it happening recently

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have had the same issue prior to the first 600 miles on the bike but it hasn't happened in the next 1500 miles. I chalked it up to the computer having a learn cycle or something. My bike only did it 2 or 3 times since I've owned it. Good luck guys and enjoy.. and as always be safe

·
Registered
177 Posts
Experienced this twice, at around 200km the first time and 600km the second time. Both times, while down shifting, coming to a stop. Fired up right away both times. No error codes or driveability problems right after either incidences.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So far it has not happened again. There has been a couple of time that I thought the bike was going to die but it kept running.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts