Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my vcyclenut flash back about a week ago and have only been commuting for the last week or so, and loved the changes the flash has made! Last night though, I was out on a pretty spirited ride and my bike shit off on me twice! This first time, I was switching into A mode while moving and I think something with the clutch pissed it off and the bike shut down, it started right up again though. Later in the ride I was chasing my buddy through a corner and when I hit the rev limiter in 4th the bike shut off again. This time it wasn't so eager to start, I had a engine warning light and the bike refused to start until I came to a complete stop, turned the ignition off for a bit, and started it up again. I of course didnt read the error code that came up but I'm wondering if anyone has some knowledge on what I did there that they can share

·
Registered
987 Posts
Sounds like you need to have it happen a gain so you can get the error code.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Well, check your side/kick stand sensor, make sure it's fully seated and the wires are gtg.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I think the same thing happened to Hawkerjet after his flash. An error code was spit out in his case as well. IIRC it was a simple fix from David @Vcyclenut in the coding.

I'd make sure all your connections are GTG and perhaps PM Vcyclenut.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Janzend - I just had mine done by Vcyclenut and have not had any problems but its only been a couple of days. Please update as you go and I will as well.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
+1 My first guess would be to double check the ECU connections and make sure it is all good. Especially if you are not getting any error codes popping up.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I think the same thing happened to Hawkerjet after his flash. An error code was spit out in his case as well. IIRC it was a simple fix from David @Vcyclenut in the coding.

I'd make sure all your connections are GTG and perhaps PM Vcyclenut.
This.

·
Registered
1 Posts
mine does the same thing, but stops mostly every ride,always when going fast. I live in australia not much point sending my ecu back to vcyclenut, cost me a fortune in shipping, i have learnt to pull the clutch in turn of the key, turn the key back on & hit the starter. Its starts every time, but i have to do something about it, or someone's going to run in the back of me. you need to ring vcyclenut and i need to get a reflash. Let me know how you go

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I had mine flashed from VCyclenut last November and it's been great.

·
Vendor
1,507 Posts
I got my vcyclenut flash back about a week ago and have only been commuting for the last week or so, and loved the changes the flash has made! Last night though, I was out on a pretty spirited ride and my bike shit off on me twice! This first time, I was switching into A mode while moving and I think something with the clutch pissed it off and the bike shut down, it started right up again though. Later in the ride I was chasing my buddy through a corner and when I hit the rev limiter in 4th the bike shut off again. This time it wasn't so eager to start, I had a engine warning light and the bike refused to start until I came to a complete stop, turned the ignition off for a bit, and started it up again. I of course didnt read the error code that came up but I'm wondering if anyone has some knowledge on what I did there that they can share
I did have a file way back that would put the bike into limp mode. The bike wouldn't shut off but the throttle would stop working till you cycled the key then it would start and be fine it was from a bad cell in the fly by wire settings. Haven't had one in a long time though.yours doesn't sound like that though. Do you know the number on your Ecu to see if I made a custom file for yours or used a file I have in many other bikes.

mine does the same thing, but stops mostly every ride,always when going fast. I live in australia not much point sending my ecu back to vcyclenut, cost me a fortune in shipping, i have learnt to pull the clutch in turn of the key, turn the key back on & hit the starter. Its starts every time, but i have to do something about it, or someone's going to run in the back of me. you need to ring vcyclenut and i need to get a reflash. Let me know how you go
Hey phil just responded to your email. Has yours been doing this since you got it back?? Same thing do you know the number on the Ecu? If it's my mistake I'll pay to ship it back

·
Registered
852 Posts
janzend - What's the latest? I have put over 600 miles on Dave's flash and no issues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts