Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received the latest "Bike" magazine in the mail a couple days ago. Bike of the year 2014 had 29 bikes, 75 judges, 1 winner, as the cover stated. To get straight to number 1 (bike of the year), Yamaha MT-07. One of the things mentioned about the MT-07 "With a price tag matching Honda's CB500 models, this has brought fun, excitement and practicality to the A2 license holders. Not since Triumph released the Street Triple has a bike delivered so much more than the sum of it's parts suggested".

The MT-09 got 6th place, KTM 1290 SuperDuke 5th place, Ducati 899 Panigale 4th place, BMW S1000R Sport 3rd place, BMW R nineT 2nd place. Well done Yamaha, keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
That's very good. Go 07.

On another note, I saw another top motorcycle list the other day (can't remember which mag. or site) that had the 07 as the 2nd and the 09 as #1.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Yamaha is back, and on a role. I notice nothing from Big Red or Suzuki made the list. I would expect to see some similar priced naked bike from both within 2 years. They both have some catching up to do. If the rumors of the new R1 and R6 are to be believed, Yamaha is about to go off...

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I was right.....again. My wife hates it when that happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts