Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
My XSR had the fuel pump go bad. You could hear it prime when the ignition was turned on, and I even removed the fuel line and checked that it actually pumped fuel. But it couldn't make enough pressure for the injectors to work. That wasn't a cheap trip to the dealership. OP I hope you're able to figure it out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree with adding a bit more gas, then check if its getting fuel then check spark. I havnt looked at my fuel pump on the mt09, but I know the mt07 have a fuel filter built in the fuel pump assembly, you could remove the filler neck and pull out the assembly and check the base. It should have 2 mesh type screens..

I wonder if sucking out the bad gas caused sediment to build near the pump and the next time you started the bike it sucked it up and has slowly clogged the more you primed the fuel pump?.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Okay so I stripped my bike down drained the fuel, emptied the fuel pump, and changed my spark plugs. It took a couple tries but she starts now 😎. Running kinda shitty so I’m gunna let it idle for awhile hopefully she gets better probably just caught the corona!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Okay so I stripped my bike down drained the fuel, emptied the fuel pump, and changed my spark plugs. It took a couple tries but she starts now 😎. Running kinda shitty so I’m gunna let it idle for awhile hopefully she gets better probably just caught the corona!
Good deal. Yeah when I had a fuel problem the bike definitely felt weak/down on power for the next couple of tanks. Idk how long it'll take to idle it out and get back to normal, but I'd not get too concerned unless it's still running like crap after a couple hundred more miles.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts