Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been looking for motorcycle boots for wide width feet. They don't exist. Searched my ass of and could never find them except for Harley type which I'd rather ride in flip flops. Settled on a Carhartt pair that I had modified. Last week I came across these in a 12 wide so I bought them. They arrived today and they look pretty decent for a relatively inexpensive boot.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
3,089 Posts
Good to know, and quite cheap! Awaiting a ride report… 👍

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
I have to go up a size for Italian boots, I feel quite insulted.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I got out for a ride yesterday afternoon with these new boots. I normally wear a true size 11 1/2 shoe. For some reason, the motorcycle apparel industry likes to cut everything so it only fits teenagers and girls. Shoes are the same way. Fortunately I bought a size 12 because even though these are wide width they are still on the tight side. Hopefully they break in. Still, my feet didn't hurt during or after ride and walking around. They have great support and are well above the ankle. They have a reinforcement for the shifter on both boots. The souls are kind of a rubber / plastic. The shell is a microfiber (man-made leather). If you have a narrow foot you could easily find better quality. Nonetheless, for $140, it's a decent boot that will probably give most people a few seasons and better protection than any other non purpose built boot that you could ride with. On the bike, they were fine, it took a few minutes to get used to them and then were easy to ride in. They are waterproof also which is important to me. I've gotten caught in the rain in the Carhartt boots I've been wearing and it takes 2 days for them to dry out. If you need a wide width boot, these will work. Plus my GF doesn't think they look stupid.

This company Motosport.com was also good. A day after I bought them, I got an email stating they were out of stock and gave me a date of about a week later or the option to get a refund. I called and told them I could wait for them and they upgraded me to next day shipping. I ended up with the boots 5 days later. With all of the supply chain issues, I thought they handled it professionally. I'm optimistic that I've found another good company to buy motorcycle stuff from.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Looking forward to your long term review. Moto boots are one of those wearable items that really go to shit quickly.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I took a pair of leather MC boots to a large (six employees), long-established shoe/leather goods repair shop. The boots went on a shoe stretching machine over night and they were noticeably less tight when picked up the next day. Damage was $7 ten years ago. My boots are usually 10.5EEEE or 11EE. Going up half a size will be wider.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts