Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few months of cruising shops, I went into my local Yamaha dealer and made my offer. I'm a proud new owner of a red FZ-09 :) This will be my first 100% new bike (bought a demo model once). I won't get it for 4-6 weeks though as they're a small shop and didn't have any in stock (they do lots of sleds over the winter). As much as I'd love to have it home right away it will certainly be less stressful not seeing it every day without being able to take it out! haha... I can hang on to my money a bit longer too.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks folks! It's pretty exciting, didn't sleep much last night ;) Now I have to sort out my mods before spring gets here. Penske shock for sure, but I may not have time to send the forks to Nick so may just do springs and heavier oil for now. TechSpec grips, crash protection, paddock stand bobbins, windscreen (holding out to see what Puig and ZG come up with).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice! I had really wanted a red one but couldn't wait....It will be well worth the wait though!! You will love it!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Congrats Dave. awesome choice and remember the red ones are the sexiest and fastest ones IMO haha

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats Dave. awesome choice and remember the red ones are the sexiest and fastest ones IMO haha

I really like the tank stripe on the red one. I'll be using clear vinyl to protect the tank instead of hiding the stripe with a standard "tank pad".

PS, your avatar picture is what I'm using on my laptop as desktop background :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
cool i like the smoky background looks like he just finished a good burnout and good to see another Canadian on the forum

·
Registered
657 Posts
My dealer is looking to be receiving sometime in Feb. As soon as it's ready it's comin home!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Where are you, buck? Who did you buy from? I got mine from Tri-City Cycles in Waterloo.
I'm in Barrie. Bike is coming through Motorsports Pickering.

I have a nice cozy spot waiting in my garage for it's arrival!

·
Registered
657 Posts
My bike arrived at the shop already! I can probably pick it up next weekend :) (as a brutally cold winter blizzard rolls in today... haha)
They must have dropped yours off first! My dealer just got it in yesterday.

They even waited to open up the crate until I got there. First new vehicle I've ever purchased as well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts