Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a FZ-09 and i was wondering when is a good time frame to order? I dont want to wait until April time frame and be left out if my dealer cant get one because of the demand.
I live in NY and i have yet to see one in person,so i am alittle skeptical to order without getting a good feel for the 09!
From what i have read it seems to be a great bike and i am glad i didnt buy the fz-8 last year.
Any opinions and suggestions would be great,Thanks!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See one - buy it.
Hasnt been that easy! I have three dealers in a 50 mile area and none of them got one.
I would wait until spring to see if they get the fz-09 but dont want to not pre-order and miss out completely!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hasnt been that easy! I have three dealers in a 50 mile area and none of them got one.
I would wait until spring to see if they get the fz-09 but dont want to not pre-order and miss out completely!
Then put in your order now. However, if you see one - buy it. And then cancel your order.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I am in the market for a FZ-09 and i was wondering when is a good time frame to order? I dont want to wait until April time frame and be left out if my dealer cant get one because of the demand.
I live in NY and i have yet to see one in person,so i am alittle skeptical to order without getting a good feel for the 09!
From what i have read it seems to be a great bike and i am glad i didnt buy the fz-8 last year.
Any opinions and suggestions would be great,Thanks!!
I put down a deposit in September and waited 2 months and no bike ever showed . I gave up with that dealer. I made a list of all dealers within 150 miles and started calling. Found one that arrived 2 hours prior to my call. Dealer had no deposits on it and agreed to sell it to me for less than most dealers. 8975.00 in CALIF. OTD. It they are on the floor, they are usually waiting to be picked up. Not many you will find unsold but start somewhere is better than not starting at all. I found one prior to my purchase that I could sit on but even it was pre-sold.

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did the same phoned around and found one 100miles away in Sacramento. Put a deposit on it and picked it up TG weekend - loving it!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am thinking that Feb. might be a good time to start looking and possibly order. Winter is going to seem very long this year!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts