Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to say it but the riding season is winding down for me here in upstate NY. I am looking for a good storage cover for the garage to keep it clean.
Just wondering what brands are quality and dont trap moisture during the long winter months.Thanks

·
Registered
418 Posts
Honestly I use a California king sheet on all my bikes. It breaths, doesn't trap moisture and keeps all the dust/dirt off them once clean and covered. I never really understood why people cover their bikes with a vynil motorcycle cover that'll trap moisture.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Try a DOWCO ultralite plus-thin, breathable and relatively cheap yet good quality. I use one everyday at work so the bike doesn't sit out and blasted by the hot Hawaiian sun. Last about 6 months or so of everyday use outside-should last much, much longer if only using it indoors. The Medium fits the 09 snugly and covers down to the wheels. If your still using stock mirrors, probably best to remove them for storage and a better fit...

·
Registered
570 Posts
Honestly I use a California king sheet on all my bikes. It breaths, doesn't trap moisture and keeps all the dust/dirt off them once clean and covered. I never really understood why people cover their bikes with a vynil motorcycle cover that'll trap moisture.
+1, if it's in a garage I don't see any benefit to a Dowco-type cover. I've used Dowcos when I had to keep the bike outside and they were fine, but now that I have a nice garage a simple flannel sheet works fine.

·
Registered
323 Posts

I bought the oem one cause it will be garage kept. My bf has a nice one for the 1000rr. I'll find the brand when I get home it's good for outdoor storing as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts