Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's goin on fellow brothers (and sisters!) I just picked up my Brand New FZ-09 yesterday and put 400 miles on in 24 hours. Here is a pic of the bike in my truck on the way home. Too many thumbs up on the road to count! After 4 months waiting with a deposit, could not be more excited.

Got it home in the driveway, could not and still can't stop staring at it! Haha Just have to organize the garage a bit now for this beauty. Nothing a cooler of Sierra Nevada and good music wont solve.

1 mile on the odometer

For the 600 mile break in I put 400 of those riding up to Yosemite from Modesto area today. Riding with a group of 2 baggers, an FJR and a GSXR750 (I learned to ride on the GSXR), they all had nothing to say but positive things about the styling and design!

Here are a couple pics from the trip, didn't get too many as most of the time was spent on the bike :)

One of the many waterfalls

This was the return ride down 49 I believe to Don Pedro earlier this evening. Just playing around with photo shop a bit.

The lake, or more like a pond unfortunately, of Don Pedro in the background

I love what they did with the headlight design!

Locked and Loaded Ready for takeoff, cue Mr. Loggins "Highway to the Danger Zone"

The ride on this thing is great. The engine? FANTASTIC! I found B mode is perfect for stop and go/around town riding as it's smooth and down on the real power. STD mode is okay but do notice the on/off-ness a lot more. A mode is what I have been using - It's a bit abrupt I will admit but to cope with this I grip the tank with my knees and that takes my focus off the bars, and allows me to focus on rolling the throttle "smoothly" making it a whole lot easier to hang on when she starts singing.

The suspension feels fine to me, a track day next weekend will allow me to dial it in. Is a little soft, but not horrible like some people say. I prefer to start out with this as opposed to some trick set-up because I can only Improve the set up!! That's the beautiful thing of a bike is tuning everything :)

All in all great ride and I am beyond happy with this bike. Immediately felt at home on the bike as I have been riding dirtbikes for quite a while.
This is my biggest goal and achievement in my life, feels damn good to be on the open road with such an incredible piece of machinery underneath me. Seems like all my friends are out getting married, reproducing like bunny rabbits, or drinking with a steel liver away at college.
Me? I decided to do what a normal 22 year old would do, buy a 2014 Yamaha FZ-09 :cool:

·
Registered
582 Posts
nice pics of your new bike and day long ride. I noticed in the waterfall picture there is an envious face looking down at your new bike. lol

face.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey man congrats on picking the BEST color! I rode mine home from Sac yesterday and I've been riding around ever since. We need to hook up and go on a ride. Their is another Stockton owner we can invite him!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Congrats. It sounds like your very happy and excited with the FZ-09. Dont worry that feeling does not go away. Everytime you ride it you will feel it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Brought mine home from Dover, DE yesterday too.... Liquid Graphite is where it's at! But I have to say, I was sold on Rapid Red until my son won me over to the dark side. That, and the fact that the red looked better in the mags than in person. Rode it loading the throttle and backing off, up and down thru the gearbox. I'm lucky to have backroads all around the dealership which allowed continuous varying of throttle position, load, speed, and gear choice. Left the dealer with one mile on the odo, got home showing 50 miles. Changed the oil and filter with standard Yamalube and OEM filter.

DSCI1223.jpg DSCI1222.jpg

·
Registered
3,842 Posts

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts