Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing that my wife wants is a seat that is great for riding 2-up. I'm perfectly okay with this as I love to ride 2-up with her...as it forces us to work together and we become closer every time.

Been researching seats a little, and thus far the best I could find was the Corbin Gunfighter and Lady. Kinda cool as it has an option to have a backrest. Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Yamaha FZ-09 | 800-538-7035

Any others out there with passenger comfort in mind? I've done some searching here, but don't find much that specifically put passenger comfort as more of a priority.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I've tried several and the Corbin was the best for a passenger, and tied with best for rider. I'd skip the Corbin backrest though and instead get the OEM rack, 39l case and pad. It's much more secure that the Corbin backrest - and the case goes on and off in 2 seconds...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses guys!

After reading another thread about how you can go into Corbin and get a custom seat made to fit your ass, we're going to go in there and have the seat wizard help us out. The factory is less than 3 hours away, so it will make a nice little trip, plus I love the Monterrey bay.

And yeah, I'm going to skip the backrest. Looking into luggage options still...

·
Registered
48 Posts
The wife gives a 10 out of 10 for comfort on the Top Sellerie and i noticed she wasn't sliding back and forward, this was our 1st 250km test.

So is that seat all kinds of comfortable for you as the primary rider?

·
Registered
54 Posts
So is that seat all kinds of comfortable for you as the primary rider?
I'm loving the comfort from this seat so far very good 1up and 2up.
There is nothing i would change with this seat its the basic seat from Top Sellerie there are many options when ordering that i could of picked to help with comfort also, I love the look more so live then in pictures.

OK a view of the testing so far.
I received this seat last Friday afternoon so Friday night i installed but didn't ride. (more like had a stiffy from the way it transforms the look of the bike hahaha)

So Saturday morning the wife and i leave for a 250km loop of twisty bumpy back road to halfway point then main slab return i found the seat here was great as the wife didn't slide forward once and nor did i, we felt we could both travel a lot further.

Sunday i head of alone did 300km in 3.5 hours 2 stops, couldn't do that with the standard seat before, i main slabbed it to 100km of twisty heaven where here i found the seat to lock my in the perfect position to attack, it actually gave me more confidence.

[/URL

Will be back on it next weekend.
Conversion 100km = 60 mile

·
Registered
612 Posts
^Yup I will most likely order a Top Sellerie seat this winter, I agree it looks the best on the FZ/MT over all other options.

·
Registered
48 Posts
There is nothing i would change with this seat its the basic seat from Top Sellerie there are many options when ordering that i could of picked to help with comfort also, I love the look more so live then in pictures.

OK a view of the testing so far.
I received this seat last Friday afternoon so Friday night i installed but didn't ride. (more like had a stiffy from the way it transforms the look of the bike hahaha)

So Saturday morning the wife and i leave for a 250km loop of twisty bumpy back road to halfway point then main slab return i found the seat here was great as the wife didn't slide forward once and nor did i, we felt we could both travel a lot further.

Sunday i head of alone did 300km in 3.5 hours 2 stops, couldn't do that with the standard seat before, i main slabbed it to 100km of twisty heaven where here i found the seat to lock my in the perfect position to attack, it actually gave me more confidence.

[/URL

Will be back on it next weekend.
Conversion 100km = 60 mile

I ordered my custom Top Sellerie a couple days ago. I and my arse are very excited! Thanks for the review!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for bringing up an old post, but your review of the Top sellerie seat almost shock me..
I got the top sellerie seat, bought the seat with gel in front and back seat for extra comfort.. But the seat sucks.. starting to almost believe that they forgot the foam in the front seat. My girlfriend says the backseat is more comfy than the stock seat.
After 50kms (about 30miles) I have to stop.. Payed 459€ (About 510 dollars!) for a seat that is even worse that the stock seat.

So, is there anyone who got the top sellerie seat and have experienced the same as me?
Thinking about contacting top sellerie france and ask them if this is normal or its just me..

I am 1'60 and 198lbs..

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
My seat guy told me that he will not intall gel seat pads because they get hard when they get hot !

·
Registered
41 Posts
Selling a Corbin Gunfighter and Lady if anyone is interested. In Savannah, Ga. PM for details if imterested.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I still rate my seat highly as does my wife, we regularly do 500 km day rides and at the moment planning a ride holiday involving some 4000 km.
The basic Top Sellerie easily doubles my seat time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When you press with your finger in the center of the frontseat does it goes
More down in the TS Seat than OEM seat?

Because I Feel that the stockseat is actually softer..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Seems about the same softness though i think the shape may also play the part for me on the TS, almost like it's more rounded to the sides rather then just flat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts