Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use a 12mm PEWAG square link chain with a Stanley S828-160 lock that has a custom made $200 cylinder. Bolt cutters can't get enough leverage because the chain links block the bolt cutters from getting in. The only way to get through the chain is with a wall powered angle grinder and about 2 minutes of work. most battery powered grinders won't cut through it. You can't order the chain from Amazon or anything. it's meant for tractor tires. Hardness of 63. if you want to order the chain google Delta Rigging. I got this setup from a lock smith who tests the stuff. The chain is around $20 / ft.

I use a disc lock on the front tire and I have a monimoto GPS tracker, that is battery powered, not tied into the bikes battery. I have it hidden in the bike

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have one of their smart brake systems installed on my bike, really helps let people know you're engine braking. The guys I ride with hate it though, because it strobes everytime I let off the throttle.
But do you like their system? I'm really thinking about ordering this tracker... just out of curiosity :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Looking at a disc lock currently just to help keep an honost person honost..I dont leave sitting around places too long other than home and work so.

but how do I know the Pin of the lock will fit throught our brake discs?? the one Im looking is 7mm dia but not sure what the holes actually are....Or this all not a concern and will fit?? is this something I need to be concerned about??

thank you

61 - 66 of 66 Posts