Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,440 Posts
Here is a good link to read about motorcycle security.

https://rideapart.com/articles/ask-a-motorcycle-thief

The one tip about disk locks, is to put the disk lock on the rear brake disk and not the front. With front disk locks the thief's can quickly swap out the front tire, it takes a lot longer to swap out the back tire. A quick and simple trick to make your bike a little harder to steal.

· Registered
4,440 Posts
What about motorcycle alarms? Has anyone found a good alarm that just plugs into the wiring harness? I know Scorpio sells connector kits, but they don't have one for the 09 as of yet. ( I emailed them and asked, and no such luck so far. )

· Registered
4,440 Posts
I am thinking of an alarm for two reason:

1). ignition disable, since the 09 does not have a security key fob.
2). insurance cost break.

Still use it with a disk lock so you still have a visual deterrent.

99.9% of the time it is parks somewhere I don't really need to worry about it. Like at home in the garage, but for those few times you do need to step away from it for a bit, it wouldn't hurt to have a little more security.

Plus we can't carry hand guns up here, they tend to send you to jail if you tried, lol.

· Registered
4,440 Posts
Hi all, my name is Chris with Scorpio Alarms here in Arizona. I just wanted to let you all know that we are currently offering free 2-day shipping on any order of our 2 best selling systems, the SR-i900 and the new GPS Security system, the Ride.

Shop | Scorpio

We are also here as a cry for help. As mentioned on this thread previously, we do not have a factory connector kit for the FZ-09, and we want to change that. Would anyone with a Scorpio Alarm be interested in assisting us in making a custom connector for the FZ-09? What we need are Detailed photos of the connectors that the turn signals and tail light wires plug in to, clearly showing wire positions, and colors of the wires. We would obviously return the favor by sending you out the connector to verify for us.

If anyone with an FZ-09 and a Scorpio alarm (like the SR-i800 or SR-i900) would like to help us out, not only would we greatly appreciate it, you would be responsible for making our alarms even more accessible for those lucky enough to own an FZ-09.

If you're interested, PM me.

Thanks!

-Team Scorpio
I am just waiting to see if Scorpio is going to come out with a connector kit for the FZ-09. As soon as you do, I will be buying a Scorpio system. I prefer having the connector kit, as I have known to many people who have had issues with their security system when they are cutting wires to have them installed. At first the systems work ok, but over time they end up having connection issues.

p.s. - I keep checking the website to see if the connector kit has been added.

Scorpio Secure | Scorpio

· Registered
4,440 Posts
Hi all, my name is Chris with Scorpio Alarms here in Arizona. I just wanted to let you all know that we are currently offering free 2-day shipping on any order of our 2 best selling systems, the SR-i900 and the new GPS Security system, the Ride.

Shop | Scorpio

We are also here as a cry for help. As mentioned on this thread previously, we do not have a factory connector kit for the FZ-09, and we want to change that. Would anyone with a Scorpio Alarm be interested in assisting us in making a custom connector for the FZ-09? What we need are Detailed photos of the connectors that the turn signals and tail light wires plug in to, clearly showing wire positions, and colors of the wires. We would obviously return the favor by sending you out the connector to verify for us.

If anyone with an FZ-09 and a Scorpio alarm (like the SR-i800 or SR-i900) would like to help us out, not only would we greatly appreciate it, you would be responsible for making our alarms even more accessible for those lucky enough to own an FZ-09.

If you're interested, PM me.

Thanks!

-Team Scorpio
Hmmm, was there any takers????? With only one post from ScorpioOfficial, it's not looking so good.

I'd prefer a plug and play connection kit, just in case I decide to move the alarm to another bike. (not intending to sell 09, just prefer the idea of a specific 09 connection kit)

· Registered
4,440 Posts
Both bikes are usually locked in the garage with the power turned off to the garage door opener. If anyone comes anywhere near the house, both my dogs go nuts.

It's the parked at work, or parked when I am out that I am thinking of an alarm. Well that and plus the fact my insurance gives a big rebate if I have an alarm installed on the bike.

I like the Scorpio alarms, and have looked at the Scorpio Ride alarm, but then you need a smart phone data plan. The phone idea is ok until I head off into the mountains where there is crappy cell phone coverage. So I might need to opt to a more standard alarm without all the smart phone crap since it won't work where I like to go riding. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts