Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could have any helmet, past or present, which one would it be ?

We want to know what helmet reaches that "BEST or FAVORITE" status.

Post up your ALL TIME Favorite Helmet that you have or wish you had.

Here's a few of ours....

Arai John Hopkins Monster Replica

Arai Haga Fire & Ice Replica

·
Registered
54 Posts
Another one for the Good Looking category: HJC can make a good helmet from time to time. This is more of a good everyday helmet - not for track at all. An HJC AC-12 Elbows edition. Signed by Ben Spies himself.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Why, my very first full face helmet, back in 1970. Damn thing cost $50 back then.
Nice as that is, it can't compare to the gold metal flake helmet with bubble shield I bought at K-Mart. Seen here resting on the sissy bar of my first streetbike. The perfect complement to my vecro sneakers, white socks, and flannel shirt with rolled sleeves.
old_suzuki.jpg

·
Registered
673 Posts
Scorpion Exo 400 has saved my head several times, including one high-side. Been through 3 of them in the last 11 years.

Scorpion_EXO-400_Sting_Helmet_Silver_zoom.jpg

For the track and twisties, I have the more aggressive Scorpion Exo 2000 that matches my suit.

071014-scopion-exo-r2000-helmet-f.jpg

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
I doubt there is a best, they're too individual. For instance, people rave about Arais, I can't wear them and I hate the visor release system.
I've used Nolans flip fronts since 2004 and have just bought a F/F. They're aerodynamically very stable, built well, are comfy and good value. A bit noisy, but I wear earplugs.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have a Edwards Arai matching my 50th edition R6 that is probably my favorite of all time; Only thing that will make it better is when I get it signed by the man himself.

My current helmet has served me very well and I think it's the best you can get for the money, RPS-10(I think that's it as they changed the name a year or so after got it)

Next lid I really want is the Russell replica. Arai's are amazing if you get sized and order the correct pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I have loved my shark spreed r's (I have had 2 in a row) but have a new shark Spartan arriving next week. From reviews, it seems like a newer version of the speed series 2.
Carbon, dual visor, and only 1290 grams.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Shoei GT Air here. I love it! Light weight, good air flow, quiet, no buffeting, the internal shade is great.

I just ordered a new smoked shield with blue mirroring as I wanted the whole shield smoked vs just the drop down shield. Had to order from Japan as they don't sell them in the states. It's perfect for 95% of riding, I do have to drop down shield while heading straight into the sun.

Bonus points is that it looks awesome on my solid silver!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Scorpion Exo 400 has saved my head several times, including one high-side. Been through 3 of them in the last 11 years.

View attachment 43490

For the track and twisties, I have the more aggressive Scorpion Exo 2000 that matches my suit.

View attachment 43498
I use EXACTLY the same for the track. I love that helmet but mine doesn't match.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I use EXACTLY the same for the track. I love that helmet but mine doesn't match.
Time for a new suit? Got mine for $500 shipped on STG. Now all I need is the matching gloves.
C-PODIUM_SUIT.jpg

1 - 20 of 31 Posts