Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Intersting find at the local dealer...love the look of the bike... Especially in the benelli green or red. Not a big fan of the ridiculous price...lol.
20210428_161518.jpg
20210428_161549_HDR.jpg
20210428_161613.jpg
20210428_161659.jpg

752S-Dimensions.png
752-Red-1-720x480.png

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
I remember the old Benelli's. They had a 6 cyl around the time of the CBX. I thought they were dead.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
741 Posts
In the early 70s a local kid got a 50 cc yellow Benelli dirt bike that I thought was the coolest thing I ever saw. I was around 13 and would have given my left nut for one. It looked similar to this. Funny to think back about how tiny that motor was.

benell13.jpg

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
😲👍 did a little research... Sticker was wrong on the bike...it is actually a really good price for how good the bike looks...
However, the black one I saw at the dealer is only a 500cc, the red and green one is the 752S model....that of course is for sale in Europe and everywhere else....lol...

Screenshot_20210429-174727.png

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,357 Posts
Not a big fan of the ridiculous price...lol.
It’s like $6500, right? Which is about $1300 less than an MT07? And that’s a problem?

[Ha! Beat me to it. So it’s even less than I thought...] 😜

[2nd edit: The regular Leoncino is $6!199, the Leoncino Trail in your pictures is indeed $6,499...]

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Yeah, they’re putting out some good looking bikes at decent prices. The bad news is, they are basically a Chinese company nowadays, and I wonder about longevity and ease of service.

I have to admit, I really like their little Grom-fighter at $2,750...

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It’s like $6500, right? Which is about $1300 less than an MT07? And that’s a problem?

[Ha! Beat me to it. So it’s even less than I thought...] 😜
The bike had the wrong sticker price on it...lol $16k... dyslexic? And that particular model is only a 500cc.... I like the 752S model that I would like to add to my collection....

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
$16k! LOL... I would have balked at that, too! 😆

I don’t know if the 752 is ever coming here... 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Stop right now Daco!------------ Friends don't let friends buy Benellis!🇮🇹

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:rolleyes::unsure:
But I rly like Benellis ... I might be safe since it looks like the 752S is not coming States side....
🍿:LOL:

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
741 Posts
Italian cars and motorcycles are so seductive but are about as dependable as diarrhea. I know, we're now going to hear from all the people that swear theirs was the most reliable ever.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Italian cars and motorcycles are so seductive but are about as dependable as diarrhea. I know, we're now going to hear from all the people that swear theirs was the most reliable ever.
I don't have any Benelli experience but my CBX was very reliable.............

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
741 Posts
I started thinking more about the 50 cc Benelli and how common 50 CC bikes were in the 1960s. After all the subsequent years of owning and riding trench digging 250s and open class bikes, I'd be really curious to ride one of those little bikes now. It just seems so impossible that a full size motorcycle could have a motor that small. I think most mopeds are like 35 cc. Nowadays it would be appropriate to buy your 6 year old a 50 cc machine.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Leoncino, little lion iirc.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Whereas Chinese cars and motorcycles (which is what Benelli is) are both as seductive and as dependable as diarrhea :) At least for the time being - the Japanese used to be in that category and look at them now...

Both of my Ducatis were very reliable :) but the service costs are insane...

·
Registered
194 Posts
I started thinking more about the 50 cc Benelli and how common 50 CC bikes were in the 1960s. After all the subsequent years of owning and riding trench digging 250s and open class bikes, I'd be really curious to ride one of those little bikes now. It just seems so impossible that a full size motorcycle could have a motor that small. I think most mopeds are like 35 cc. Nowadays it would be appropriate to buy your 6 year old a 50 cc machine.
View attachment 164440
We had loads of 50cc options here in the UK because you could ride them at 16 (regular bikes up to 250cc at 17 until you passed your test then whatever you wanted)

The Yamaha FS1E was the most popular; I had a Fantic Caballero.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
741 Posts
Those are some cool pictures. 50 cc bikes were around in the US but probably not as many as the rest of the world. It was a different world back then. People didn't have as much disposable income for toys so there a lot more inexpensive options. I also think that the rise of Japanese motorcycles got a lot of people interested in motorcycles and small displacement bikes appealed to new inexperienced people that wanted to get in to riding. I had a friend that bought a clapped out basket case 50 cc Harley that he spent a year fixing up. When he finally got it going it went about 20 mph and then died for good. It was an Italian made bike. At least the little Japanese bikes were reliable.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts