Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After try so many helmets, the only helmet that suit to me was the Bell RS-1, so comfortable but my only fear was noise on our upright bike, how it is?

Thank you for feedback!

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Noise is not too bad. What i like about this helmet is the fact that it vent so well! Especially good for Florida summers. Doesnt really fog either... Good helmet choice... get the auto tint visor too, totally worth $100

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well I've only had one helmet before the RS-1, an HJC Symax 3 (Modular), so compared to that it's much quieter. Venting is great, as is the transitions visor. I know a bunch of sites have certain colors and graphics on sale. I definitely recommend picking one up.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've been wearing an RS-1 since last summer. (Well, I do take it off for showers.)

It's more comfortable and quieter than any of the half-dozen or so I've had over the last 15 years. I wear earplugs anyway - a very good idea.

I use these earplugs.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Bell RS1 Special Edition from a couple of years ago. This one is Peggy's, and she has told me it's the most comfortable helmet she has ever owned.....and she's had quite a few in her 20 years or so of riding.....

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Mine is quieter yhan all of my previous helmets. You will get some wind noise with all of the vents open, which is to be expected.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I like it so far. Not the quietest, but not bad. Better than my Vemar, about the same as my Arai. Earplugs and autotint visor solve all problems. If you keep an eye out, you can pick them up pretty cheap too. I paid around 350 for mine.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You had me worried/pissed there for a minute. Mine is the Carbon, so about the same price as what I paid. I purchased from STG as well. Was here in no time.

I also like the bag the Bell comes with. Very nice compared to the sack you normally get.

FYI - STG is running a special on Bell helmets. The RS-1 discussed here is going as low as $160

Bell Helmet Closeouts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts