Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was bored at work the other day and wandered over to cycle gear. Figured I would try these two products because I have been looking for a good detailing spray and chain lube/wax that won't sling. Both of these products are AMAZING. They worked extremely well. The detailing spray cleans, polishes, and shines all in one wipe and makes the bike look brand new. I thoroughly cleaned and then lubed the chain with the Bel-Ray product and it has not slung off at all. Even at the speed limiter you have no sling. Both are awesome and I highly recommend.

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
116 Posts
Original Bike Spirits claims their cleaner is the same as Honda Polish-the Gold Standard. I have used it and found it just a bit greasier, but still good at overall cleaning. I really like the OBS chain lube, the red label. No sling off with that.

Larry aka CharlieDog
Bristol, TN

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea that's what the gentleman was telling me. I will have to keep my eye out for the OBS stuff. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
That's good to know. I'll keep an eye out. I also use, and like, Motul.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol, I'm pretty sure the word you guys mean to use is fling.
Incorrect. It is referred to as "sling off" buy numerous large manufacturers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
i regularly use both the original bike spirits polish and red can chain lube, they're great.

on the other hand, i tried their chain lube with white graphite that comes in a blue can once and won't use it again. it flings, and the white graphite is difficult to get off.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been a couple days now and it still looks like when I put it on and hasn't thrown anything off.

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
+1 for Bel-Ray Super Clean Chain Lube.

The best is to apply it to a warm chain, then let it sit for a bit to dry.

Bel-Ray Super Clean Chain Lube | Bel-Ray Company, Inc
Applications:
- For all motorcycle and ATV drive chains used for road and off-road riding
- For long lasting protection against rust and corrosion
- For protection against shock loading and severe wear caused by metal-to-metal contact

Features and Benefits:
Superior anti-wear
- Special anti-wear additives provide exceptional protection against metal-to-metal contact for longer chain life.
Corrosion protection
- Full chain coverage is achieved easily to form a protective coating that is waterproof and will not wash out.
Fast drying
- Sprays on and dries quickly into a protective coating that will not fling off or pick up dirt and sand.
White color
- Leaves the chain looking factory fresh.
Easy to use
- Aerosol spray applicator allows for pinpoint precision and provides complete coverage of the chain quickly and easily with no mess.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep! Great stuff and I do like how it makes the chain look as if it's brand new lol.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Good to know. I have used Maxima for years with good results. I recently tried Lucas brand and it makes a total mess, never again.

Reactions: 520FZ09

·
Registered
429 Posts
Just cleaned my chain yesterday using simple green + water. Let it dry then applied this stuff. It applied great and was easy to see going on. I have yet to ride it so I can't report on the sling-off but I'm sure its going to be like every says.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
It applied great and was easy to see going on. I have yet to ride it so I can't report on the sling-off but I'm sure its going to be like every says.

It says right on the can it wont fling off, so no worries....I myself use Maxima, but have used BelRay products in the past and they do make quality stuff.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts