Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been resisting getting tire warmers but I think it is about time. I am riding at real pace in the advanced group now and without the warmers I am in danger of washing the front on the first lap of two. I could also just go out slower but I do not want to be an issue out there for the riders that do ru IMG_3308.jpg n warmers and can go out full pace from the start. Here is a picture of the bike pre-crash. Bike is #921 2007 GSXR 750

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Warmers are almost mandatory in the "A" group if you want to go out and run a 90% lap on the first lap. The trick is though, leave your paddock area later than normal so that you aren't sitting on the grid for more than a minute or less. I've even waited until the track was hot before coming out and joining in.....fresh off the warmers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought a used set of warmers for $75 that work great. It's nice going out with warm tires.

Even though I ran warmers back when I was a total track whore, I still started out at the back of the A group pack. There are some serious fast guys out there. I'd wait just outside of hot pit and when everyone rolled out, I'd hit the track. Typically caught and passed a few folks, then had clear track in front of me the rest of the session.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts