Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I really wanted to get a Marthy Exhaust. But I'm trying to save for a super suspension and in the end the M-4 was cost effective.

This is the bike in stock trim

And here it is right after installing the M-4

Note, when I Cut the Cat off, I noticed alot of big weld's crap inside the header collector which was surely restricting flow. So, I took a dremel tool and really cleaned up the inside of the stock collector. I mean there were some big gobs of weld restricting flow.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey knobby addiction!

I was thinking the same as you so I bought and installed the M4.

Quick tip: if you want to get rid of 90% of the popping while releasing the throttle, remove the tank to get the hose on the left hand side of the airbox blocked. I drilled a thread inside the airbox to put a bolt with silicon. I also used the air gun to make sure everything was clean before it goes inside the injector and mess things up.
To be honest, I love the sound but I think a full system would be louder
Enjoy your new ride!

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, our stock headers are pretty damn good. I'm gonna match port and polish mine a lil more sometime soon. Match porting and polishing will produce more results than any off the shelf full system any day of the week, including akrapovic and or two brothers.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hey knobby addiction!

I was thinking the same as you so I bought and installed the M4.

Quick tip: if you want to get rid of 90% of the popping while releasing the throttle, remove the tank to get the hose on the left hand side of the airbox blocked. I drilled a thread inside the airbox to put a bolt with silicon.
Enjoy your new ride!
I don't know why some people don't like the popping, that's the best part about coming off the throttle.

As shown here

Nearly makes me have a "crisis"

·
Registered
221 Posts
Backfire/popping= WINNING!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts