Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swapped the 09 yesterday. I traded it for a Rancher, which I really needed around on the property.
It was really hard to see it go. 8500 miles and 7 months of fun!! The tech that took it back to the shop for inspection bought it from the dealer that day also. He told me that this one runs better than the others that he serviced since, even the one display model with the two brothers exhaust and fuel controller. Probably due to the flash guy(yall know who) and some of my own tweeks. I am happy someone appreciates it, but still it was kind of like parting with an old friend, ya know.

On the up side, I have the roadster (eternal sweetheart) with new freshly reworked heads, cams, jugs and pistons. I finished installing the ignition last week and dyno'd (109hp/88tq) it this past weekend. I am estatic with the results. WOW! It was so much worth the winter effort!!
I really like this forum. It is so cool to be on the front side of a newly designed machine.
I feel I have come to know the members here. I will still be signed up and semi-active, I just cant help myself to see what you all are up too!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What? Didn't see that coming. Good luck.
Lol, neither did I. Most times I am not a practical dude. I gave the oldest my four wheeler and realized how much I used it on the property. Almost rich enough to have two bikes and buy a new 4 wheeler, but not quite. The upgrades and maitenece on two bikes was getting much. Especially the performance parts. What really pushed it over the edge was the 7200 on the trade in value. I am sure the tech buying it on the spot helped that. Figure a just over a grand for half of year riding!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Understandable, but I'm sorry to see you 09-less. Maybe you will be on a 2016 09. ;)

Not that it was the only factor in how your 09 felt to the tech that bought it, but how did you break in your 09? Easy or fast?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Understandable, but I'm sorry to see you 09-less. Maybe you will be on a 2016 09. ;)

Not that it was the only factor in how your 09 felt to the tech that bought it, but how did you break in your 09? Easy or fast?
Dang, I will miss talking to you guys about the 09! We think alike on the future triples. I will be on the look out for sure.
Broke it in medium! Ha! Seriously did.
But after break in I rode it every single time like there was no tomorrow.
Maybe the first one the tech could actually ride like it was supposed to be ridden?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts