Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazing spring weather today in the NJ / NY area. Perfect for a spin up to Bear Mountain. Bikes galore on the way up to the top. At the top I made some new friends as the FZ drew attention and questions. I met a group who work at the Motorcycle mall in NJ who came in riding demo Ducati's like a Monster 1200 and Multistrada. They report the FZ's sold out quick, can't get them in fast enough.

Overall the FZ ran great, with no issues to report. Toped 610 miles, and changes to Rotella T6 once I got home.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Enjoyed your video and pictures! It looks like winter is relieving its death grip on you finally.
I saw that same Guzzi in the show room this month. Nostalgic eye candy.
You like the 9 so far?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Biker. The FZ is great so far. All the typical gripes and minor complaints hold true, but in the end it is everything I have hoped for and expected.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I think I have the same gloves as you. Are those Icon? And thanks for not putting music in your vid!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Obijack, They are Dianese gloves, and I am skipping the music just for you! Actually working on a better microphone / windscreen setup too. vroom.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Nice vid and pics! Meeting bikers makes being an enthusiast all the better! Looks like a nice relaxing ride...flattest mountain I have ever seen though!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Davinci if you go across the bear mount bridge and make a right your in for a nice ride. lots of twists and turns and when you get to the end you can go around the traffic circle and do it again. You could always stay on 9w and head north up storm king mountain when you get near the top their is a pullover where you could look down on the hudson river and west point.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Roger, Thanks. I do know that road pretty well too. I used to live in Westchester NY before moving to NJ, and have driven it many times by car. Very excited to try the FZ on there.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I want in!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
hit route 218 off of route 9w just to the north of West point and you are in for a treat, just be careful on 9w cops enforce the actual speed limit!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts