Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this shouldn't be necessary to say, but riding seems to be getting more dangerous than ever. I attribute a lot of this to phones and built in information centers in cars.

Alaska averages 9 fatal accidents a year. We have already had 7 fatalities three weeks in to the riding season. Be aware all the time. It's getting crazy out there

Tire Automotive tire Transport Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Picture is pretty rough!

I presume the rider rear ended the truck at some considerable velocity?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Man, I don't want to think about what happened there. We are taking risks every time we get on a bike. We can also get hit by a car crossing the street or get into a car accident or get some disease. At some point you need to be as careful as you can, but you also need to live. I even had a car drive into my house when I was younger. We had a big bush that slowed the car down enough that the car didn't do much damage to the house. So, you are in danger and can be killed just sitting in your living room watching television.

Reactions: dantheman

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
We have 9 traffic fatalities EVERY DAY here in Atlanta. And an equal amount of gun related crime too.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We average 9 fatalities statewide per year. Remember we only ride 5-6 months, with a fairly small population base.

Of the 7 Fatals this year, 6 were caused by the other vehicle. The photo was fatal #6 two days ago. The bike is under the wheels if a "pup" trailer being pulled by a dump truck. The truck made a left turn in front of the bike.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I generally get annoyed by these kind of posts, but there might be a worthwhile lesson here - don't sit in the blind spot of a 16 wheeler, cos if they realise they need to be off at the next junction and forget to check their blind spot, you're toast.

Sent via Tapatalk.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I'll be at Barber Motorsports Park tomorrow and Sunday..........one of the safest places to ride a motorcycle......it's the drive back home on Sunday evening that will be dangerous.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts