Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a heads up to anybody who recently ordered a bazzaz zfi fuel controller, just got mine yesterday was back ordered any way speed harness pins were not secure and came out no biggie but two black wires one pinkish. Took bike for a ride this morn speedo didn't work then about 2 minutes from home check engine comes on code sd__42. So i swapped two black wires reset ecu removing ground from battery and all good. Just check your pins to make sure they are seated before you start install. I got lucky speed plug just above shift lever. Glad it wasn't one of the fuel injectors and have to remove tank again. Lol enjoy your FrankenZtein. Wanted to also add once i corrected problem bike ran great using preloaded map for now smooth and ballzzzz would def recommend bazzaz will post if i encounter any problems down the road or changes to map.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so went to tighten chain today got a sd__39 check engine, scotch lock to tail light wasn't snapped all the way(my fault) snapped till i heard lock sd__39 gone . Posting error codes cuz i couldn't find anything on google so posting if it can help anybody else. So sd42 speed sensor and sd39 tail light.

Reactions: Obijack

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know if i am the only who has gotten any error codes but maybe we can start compiling error codes here to help other members. Just a thought.

Reactions: Jkaiser93

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Hey... its the yellow and white wire... not the white and yellow. Don't ask.

Go a little deeper towards the gbox. 3 wire plugs... not the 6.

3 wire plug is the speed sensor, the other one is the gear selector.

Welcome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Ok so went to tighten chain today got a sd__39 check engine, scotch lock to tail light wasn't snapped all the way(my fault) snapped till i heard lock sd__39 gone . Posting error codes cuz i couldn't find anything on google so posting if it can help anybody else. So sd42 speed sensor and sd39 tail light.
39 is fuel injector open or short circuit. tail light doesn't have an error code.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks sd42 i was on the 3 wire sorry meant on bazzaz end of harness not oem. And the 39 is gone once i corrected scotch lock, rode to work few hours ago hour ride and no issues. Thanks guys i hope all this helps ppl out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts