Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a link to the Bazzaz map database page.
Maps Research Database
Still no FZ09 listed, so there isn't a place to share maps for our bikes. Maybe they think they'll sell more $300. auto tuners with no available maps? I'm a bit disappointed they haven't bothered to list a spot to upload FZ09 maps after buying a $350.00 fuel controller 6 weeks ago. Called Bazzaz 4 days ago, and was told they would have it fixed in 24 hrs. I have a JD fuel controller for my 2014 KTM 350 EXC. $200., and they have good baseline recommendations based on their own dyno work with the bike, and a fool proof interface. A tech at Bazzaz told me they set their default controller map for the FZ09 up running a M4 slip on, so my full Yoshimura exhaust is probably lean. He suggested the $300. auto tune unit...so we're supposd to pay $650. for fueling hardware?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yea they are lagging on getting that up. I emailed them along time ago when I first got my dyno tuned map so I can upload it to their database. But I never got a response. I emailed a couple people my map. Hopefully I can get one of them to share with u. I still havent replaced my computer yet.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Here's a link to the Bazzaz map database page.
Maps Research Database
Still no FZ09 listed, so there isn't a place to share maps for our bikes. Maybe they think they'll sell more $300. auto tuners with no available maps? I'm a bit disappointed they haven't bothered to list a spot to upload FZ09 maps after buying a $350.00 fuel controller 6 weeks ago. Called Bazzaz 4 days ago, and was told they would have it fixed in 24 hrs. I have a JD fuel controller for my 2014 KTM 350 EXC. $200., and they have good baseline recommendations based on their own dyno work with the bike, and a fool proof interface. A tech at Bazzaz told me they set their default controller map for the FZ09 up running a M4 slip on, so my full Yoshimura exhaust is probably lean. He suggested the $300. auto tune unit...so we're supposd to pay $650. for fueling hardware?
I doubt your full Yoshi would be much leaner than the M4, the stock ballsack is the major restriction that has been removed either with the M4 or a full system exhaust.

Pretty sad that they still have not yet come to the party. Some of these manufacturers take an awful long time to get their shit together, but will flog you off a sale anytime you wish. All good, this type of info from existing cutomers lets everyone else know who to steer clear of!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea they are lagging on getting that up. I emailed them along time ago when I first got my dyno tuned map so I can upload it to their database. But I never got a response. I emailed a couple people my map. Hopefully I can get one of them to share with u. I still havent replaced my computer yet.
Thanks, Dan. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I doubt your full Yoshi would be much leaner than the M4, the stock ballsack is the major restriction that has been removed either with the M4 or a full system exhaust.

Pretty sad that they still have not yet come to the party. Some of these manufacturers take an awful long time to get their shit together, but will flog you off a sale anytime you wish. All good, this type of info from existing cutomers lets everyone else know who to steer clear of!!!
The Yoshi system does have much larger header tube diameter than stock. Bazzaz also claims to smooth off idle throttle response, IIRC, which is something neither Dan or myself have noticed. I don't like to complain, but in cases like this, it seems to be needed to motivate some vendors to do the right thing, and to warn other potential buyers. Vendors that are proactive about preserving their rep realize that ignoring reasonable customer expectations indefinitely results in lost sales and credibility. I would advise anyone considering Bazzaz to wait until full product support is in place before buying, or to consider alternatives. I made the mistake of assuming they would have it together before now.

BTW-Just checked the site again...nada. I'm going to send them a link to this thread.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got a email reply from Del @ Bazzaz thanking me for the heads up, and stating they will fix ASAP :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
That's good to hear they are providing good support for our bike. Their FI/TC system is on sale on revzilla and I am debating if I should jump on it... But if they provide a factory map I don't have to pick up the auto tune sensor right away

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The issue is not resolved as of this post. The problem is that there is nowhere to upload custom maps for the FZ09 to the online Bazzaz map database. This source for custom maps eliminates the need for most of us to to go through the expensive and time consuming process of mapping a particular setup via dyno and/or auto tune, since others (like Dan) in the community may have run these tests already for a particular setup, and uploaded the resulting map to the online database. This is an important feature/support element for the product, and Bazzaz has dragged their feet making this simple addition to their site. If you think you must have the auto tuner anyway, contact dantheman above. He is probably done with his. You can run the Bazzaz default map, but unless you're running a M4 slip on, it will not be optimized for your setup, which somewhat defeats the purpose.
That's good to hear they are providing good support for our bike. Their FI/TC system is on sale on revzilla and I am debating if I should jump on it... But if they provide a factory map I don't have to pick up the auto tune sensor right away

·
Registered
11 Posts
I need your help. I just bought bazzaz ZFI-TC for my Yamaha FZ-09 with Abs. Because of the abs the bike doesn't have a speed sensor. So that I could not able to install traction control. No connection between speed sensor and bazzaz. What can I do. Please Help. I wrote to bazzaz several times but no feedback or answer from them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts